Good evening rockers and hop lovers! The Meista here tonight pairing "Resonate" (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD), the brand new album from the Voice of Rock, Glenn Hughes and a Modus Mandarina India Pale Ale from Ska Brewing Company!
- Artist: Glenn Hughes
- Title: "Resonate" (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD)
- Recorded: 2016 at Medley Studios Copenhagen and Command Recording Studios
- Release date: November 4th, 2016 (14th solo studio release by Glenn Hughes) (1969-04-16)
- Record company: Frontier Records
- Production: Glenn Hughes and Søren Andersen
- Album cover art: Georgina Cates (photography) and Trevor Niemann (art direction)
- Personnel: Glenn Hughes (all vocals, bass guitar, and acoustic guitar) with Søren Andersen (guitars), Lachy Doley (keyboards), Pontus Engborg (drums and percussion), Anna Maldonado (cellos on track 12), Luis Maldonado (acoustic guitar on track 12), and Chad Smith (drums on tracks 1 and 11)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy blues, funk rock, and soul
- Sound: Of the album's sound, Hughes stated "It's possibly the heaviest record I've ever made. I don't want to confuse it with horns-up heavy; it's not metal. But it's definitely fucking heavy. It's dense. It's dark. There's some aggression on this record. Every bloody track is begging to be played live." Ain't that the truth! This is the heaviest of the heavy! This is rock and roll perfection! This is genius!!
Major themes: Life, death, being true to one's self, honesty, integrity, heaviness, greed, good and evil, love, etc.
- "My Town"
- "Let It Shine"
- "God Of Money"
- "How Long"
- "When I Fall"
- "Stumble & Go"
- "Long Time Gone"
- "Nothing's The Same" (bonus track)
- Brewery: Ska Brewing Company (Durango, Colorado)
- Website: http://skabrewing.com/
- Brew: Modus Mandarina India Pale Ale
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 6.8%
- IBUs: 88
- Ingredients: Mandarina Bavaria hops and orange peel
- Pour: The Modus Mandarina pours a deep copper / bronze hue with an off-white, creamy, 1-finger head with good retention and sticky, chunky lacing.
- Nose: The nose is a huge citrus fruit blast with slightly floral and herbal notes as well. There are aromas of orange juice, orange peel, tangerine, lemon, lime, grapefruit rind, light pine resin, and light toffee.
- Taste: The taste is a blend of citrus, floral, and herbal hops along with malty sweetness. There are notes of caramel malt, orange juice, orange zest, lemon zest pink grapefruit, tangerine, bitter herbs, and floral hops.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Modus Mandarina is crisp, a little tart, somewhat bitter, yet smooth with a crisp, dry finish.
Overall pairing: The intense citrus flavor is great for the powerful rock and roll intensity of Glenn Hughes' latest kick-ass album, "Resonate"! Those punchy hop notes really pop with the fiery attack of Hughes and friends! Both the brew and the album are musts!! I highly recommend!
You can order "Resonate" (or any of his great albums) from my buddy Kevin at the Heavy Metal Shop: www.heavymetalshop.com!