Good evening hellions and hop-lovers! The Meista here with another great pairing for you from one of my favorite local bands and a tasty local brew... I give you DiseNgaged's latest "Out For Blood II: Faith" EP and a juicy Rising Hope India Pale Ale from Level Crossing Brewing Company! Hails!
- Artist: DiseNgaged
- Title: "Out For Blood II: Faith" EP
- Release date: September 5th, 2020 (4th EP released by DiseNgaged)
- Recorded: 2020 at Ethereal Audio
- Record company: Ethereal Audio Production
- Production: Ethereal Audio Production, Christian Hanson, and DiseNgaged
- Album cover art: Kings Peak Media, Brandon Shay (photography)
- Personnel: Dylan "Demon" Dawes (drums) Sean Herrera (bass guitar), Justin Schultz (guitars), Dez Troy (vocals), and Chase Williams (guitars)
- Musical style: Groove metal, thrash metal with elements of death metal
- Sound: Balls-out, in-your-face, heavy duty groove/thrash/death metal, the "Out For Blood II: Faith" EP is powerfully aggressive, complex, and masterfully produced and executed! If you are a fan of Lamb Of God, you definitely need to check out this kick-ass band! These guys fucking tear it up!! I love everything these guys do, but this EP is seriously just amazing! They've really outdone themselves here!
- Major themes/lyrical content: Fear, control, darkness, honesty, death, murder, aggression, self-reliance, etc.
- "The Real Me"
- "Good As Dead"
- Brewery: Level Crossing Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://www.levelcrossingbrewing.com/
- Brew: Rising Hope
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 16 ounce can
- ABV: 6.5%
- Ingredients: IPA brewed with raspberry, blood orange, and Bulgarian rose water
- Pour: The Rising Hope pours a hazy golden-orange with a off-white, 1+ finger, frothy head with good retention and lots of soapy, layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is fruity, citrusy, floral, and herbal with lighter sweet malt notes. There are aromas of fresh raspberries, raspberry jam, strawberry, orange, tangerine, light rose, light biscuit, and soft caramel.
- Taste: Following the nose, the taste of the Rising Hope is a juice blend of fruit and citrus flavors along with lighter malty and subtle sweet characteristics. There are notes of orange soda, blood orange, tangerine, lemon, light raspberry, herbal tea, light rose water, and soft caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied and moderately carbonation, the mouthfeel is crisp, juicy, slightly tart, and refreshing with a dry, clean finish.
- Note: Proceeds from the purchase of the Rising Hope IPA go to the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation. You can help by purchasing this delicious beer and/or by making a donation at BrewingFundsTheCure.org.
Overall pairing: The Rising Hope is a very drinkable, very juicy, very crushable, yet punchy IPA with complex and inviting flavors that go great with the aggressive musical prowess, depth, and honesty of all that is DiseNgaged!! You definitely need this EP in your collection and this beer in your glass! 'Nuff said!
Cheers!! Horns raised!!