Hello! The Meista here today rocking out to Therion's "Sitra Ahra" and a delicious Tastes Like Citrus IPA from my friends at 2 Row Brewing!
- Artist: Therion
- Title: "Sitra Ahra"
- Recorded: September 17th, 2010 (14th full-length studio album from Therion)
- Release date: 2009 through 2010 at Polar Studios in Stockholm
- Record company: Nuclear Blast
- Production: Christofer Johnsson
- Album cover art: Thomas Ewerhard
- Personnel: Christofer Johnsson (guitars and keyboards), Thomas Karlsson (lyrics), Johan Koleberg (drums), Lori Lewis (vocals), Nalle "Grizzly" Påhlsson (bass guitar), Snowy Shaw (vocals), Christian Vidal (guitars), and Thomas Vikström (vocals)
- Additional musicians: Niklas Andersson (timpani), Staffan Astner (guitar), Jan Bengtsson (flute), Elinor Berg (French horn), Anders Forsman (violin), Magnus Franzen (French horn), Ida Freij (French horn), Henrik Blixt (bassoon), Anna Dager (cello), Hanna Ekström (violin), Staffan Findin (trombone), Hans Gardemar (accordion and vocals), Mika "Belfagor" Hakola (vocals on "Din"), Erik Holm (viola), Marcus Jupither (vocals on "Hellequin"), Petter Karlsson (vocals on "2012: Return Of The Feathered Serpent"), and Linnéa Vikström (vocals on "Sitra Ahra", "Kings Of Edom", "Land Of Canaan", and "Hellequin")
- Musical style: Symphonic metal, progressive metal, gothic metal
- Sound: Bold, bombastic, melodic, and vastly musical, "Sitra Ahra" is a wonderful journey into metal of the symphonic realm! There are amazing vocal harmonies, transitions, and soaring guitars!
- Major themes: Mysticism, mythology, the occult, life and death, etc.
- "Introduction/Sitra Ahra"
- "Kings Of Edom"
- "Unguentum Sabbati"
- "Land Of Canaan"
- "2012: Return Of The Feathered Serpent"
- "Cú Chulainn"
- "Kali Yuga Part 3: Autumn Of the Aeons"
- "The Shells Are Open"
- "Children of the Stone: After The Inquisition"
- Brewery: 2 Row Brewing (Midvale, Utah)
- Website: http://2rowbrewing.com/
- Brew: Tastes Like Citrus IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 7.0%
- Pour: The Tastes Like Citrus pours a hazy and bright orange-amber with a frothy 2-finger off-white head with great sustain and lots of intricate and sticky lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by a blast of citrus along with lighter malt aromas. There are notes of orange juice and zest, grapefruit juice and rind, lemon zest, lime, mango, and light caramel.
- Taste: The taste is like the name denotes... lots and lots of wonderful citrus flavors along with light malt. There are notes of orange juice, tangerine, grapefruit pith, mango, pineapple, and lemon zest, light caramel, and crackery maltiness.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel of the Tastes Like Citrus is crisp, snappy, and very refreshing with a clean finish.
Cheers and hails!!