Saturday, December 28, 2013

December 28th, 2013 - The Dirty Hippie And The Easy Rider



Evening folks!  The Meista here with another pairing for you... tonight I'm pairing a Dirty Hippie Dark Wheat Ale from Palisade Brewing Company and the "Easy Rider" original soundtrack!  This pairing goes out to my good buddy Todd, who sent me this lovely beer (as well as another I'll be pairing soon)!  Cheers Todd!!  Thanks brotha!!

The Dirty Hippie Dark Wheat Ale from Palisade Brewing Company is a Dunkelweizen.  Similar to a Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizens are brewed with darker malts.  In the case of the Dirty Hippie, Palisade Brewing Company "dirtied" up this tasty brew with chocolate malts.  It pours a dark and murky (from the yeast), deep toffee color in my new skull mug with a creamy 1-finger head that displays wonderfully complex and sustained lacing.  The nose is nice and malty like freshly baked bread with some light hop notes as well.  Exceptionally smooth, the mouthfeel is rather creamy with a very subtle hop bite in the finish.  The flavor is malty, nutty, and just slightly sweet.  There are notes of multigrain bread, hazelnut, and soft caramel.  This is a great, tasty ale that goes down easy, especially with the classic rock grooves from the iconic "Easy Rider"!  I think I'll pour another!  Check out Palisade Brewing Company at www.palisadebrewingcompan.com!

 Carefully selected to form a "musical commentary" within the film, the tracks on 1969's "Easy Rider" soundtrack are definitive '60s rock anthems.  Songs like Steppenwolf's "The Pusher" and "Born To Be Wild," The Jimi Hendrix Experience's "If 6 Was 9," The Band's "The Weight," and The Byrd's "Wasn't Born to Follow" are just a few of the richly textured songs highlighted on the album.  ("The Pusher" and "If 6 Was 9" just so happen to be two of my all-time favorite rock songs!)  Roger McGuinn's fantastic rendition of Bob Dylan's "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)" is an added bonus and the Fraternity Of Man's "Don't Bogart Me" adds some counter culture humor. 

"I never really thought of myself as a freak you know, but I love to freak!"  Peace man!

No comments:

Post a Comment