Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 28th, 2014 - For Scott

 























I am grief-stricken.  Last night I lost not only a dear, dear friend, but I lost a hero, a brother.  My friend Scott passed away after a year-long battle with brain cancer.  Although we didn't always agree on specifics, we shared a strong love for underground metal and punk, craft ales, and baseball.  And although it may seem a bit trite or banal, I'm honoring my fallen brotha the way I best know how... with a music and artisan beer pairing.  The last album I remember Scott recommending to me was "Ultraviolet" by Kylesa and I know he enjoyed throwing back a frosty glass of Uinta Brewing Company Cutthroat Pale Ale.  So this one is for you Scott!  I'm cranking it up loud!  Thank you for your life-long friendship!  The memory of your profound intelligence, your quick wit, and your jovial humor will live on with me for as long as I breathe.  Rest in peace brother!!  I raise my glass to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment