Good evening! The Meista here pairing a favorite local band of mine with a favorite local brew of mine... I give you DiseNgaged's new EP "Mass Grave" and a Yard Sale Winter Lager from Uinta Brewing Company!
- Artist: DiseNgaged
- Band website: http://www.disengaged.weebly.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/DiseNgaged6669/timeline
- Title: "Mass Grave" EP
- Release date: December 2014
- Record company: Another Element Recordings
- Personnel: Dylan "Demon" Dawes - drums, Vishnu Shambho - bass, Brandon "Beastly" Smith - lead guitar, Dez Troy - vocals, and Chase "Carnage" Williams - rhythm guitar
- Major themes/lyrical content: Death, destruction, aggression, and sinister intent
- Musical style: Balls-out, in-your-face, very heavy death/thrash metal!
- Sound: Apart from the very beautiful opening intro of "Unearthing", the album is powerfully aggressive and masterfully produced and executed! My favorite song by the band, "Sleepless" is a wonderfully powerful and richly textured song. If you are a fan of Lamb Of God, you definitely need to check these bad-asses out!!
- "Mass Grave"
- "I Am The Devil"
- Brewery: Uinta Brewing Company
- Website: http://www.uintabrewing.com/
- Brew: Yard Sale Winter Lager
- Style: American Amber/Red Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 4.0%
- Pour: Clear deep mahogany red with a 1-2 finger white head that leaves lots of intricate spider web lacing.
- Nose: Malty, biscuity, slightly sweet, and a little grassy. Aromas of sweet toffee and caramel, rich malt, fresh baked bread, and grassy hops.
- Taste: Toasted malt backbone with a noble hop profile. Roasty and toasty notes of biscuit, baked bread, caramel, toffee, lemon, and noble hops.
- Mouthfeel: Medium bodied and medium carbonation, slightly creamy, and very refreshing and smooth.
- Finish: Crisp, clean, and refreshing with slight and pleasant lingering notes of roasty malts and grassy hops.