Boa noite my friends! The Meister here tonight pairing "Beneath The Remains" (1997 Remaster) from Brazilian thrash metal monsters Sepultura and a Rise Up Red India Red Ale from Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB)!
- Artist: Sepultura
- Title: "Beneath The Remains" (1997 Remaster)
- Recorded: December 15th through 28th, 1988 at Nas Nuvens Studio in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Release date: April 7th, 1989 (3rd studio album by Sepultura
- Record company: Roadrunner Records
- Album cover art: Michael Whelan
- Personnel: Igor Cavalera (drums and percussion), Max Cavalera (vocals, rhythm guitar, and mixing), Andreas Kisser (lead guitar), and Paulo Xisto Pinto, Jr. (bass guitar)
- Musical style: Thrash metal, speed metal, death metal
- Sound: Explosive, fiery, fast, and furious, "Beneath The Remains" is all about buzz-saw guitars, machine gun fire drums, thunderstorm bass, and Max's intensely brutal and wonderful vocals!
- Major themes: Pain, death, self-determination, aggression, mind-control, honesty, etc.
- "Beneath The Remains"
- "Inner Self"
- "Stronger Than Hate"
- "Mass Hypnosis"
- "Sarcastic Existence"
- "Slaves Of Pain"
- "Primitive Future"
- "A Hora E A Vez Do Cabelo Nascer"
- "Inner Self" (Drum Tracks)
- "Mass Hypnosis" (Drum Tracks)
- Brewery: Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) (Portland, Oregon)
- Website: http://hopworksbeer.com/
- Brew: Rise Up Red India Red Ale
- Style: Red IPA
- Serving: 16 ounce can
- ABV: 6.1%
- IBUs: 65
- Gravity: 14.5 degrees Plato
- Pour: Deep mahogany red with a thick, 1-finger, well-sustained white head that displays lots of spider web lacing.
- Nose: The nose of the Rise Up Red is a very nice blend of herbal, floral, piney, and malty aromas.
- Taste: Very well-balanced, the Rise Up Red has a nice blend of barley malt, toffee/caramel, citrus, pine, and herbal flavors. There are notes of baked bread, sweet toffee, grapefruit, pine, and black tea.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied and medium to high carbonation the Rise Up Red is very smooth with a crisp and refreshing profile. The finish is clean and smooth with a slight hoppy bite.