Good evening hop heads and metal heads! Your drinkin' buddy the Meista here tonight pairing Death Angel's brilliant "Relentless Revolution" with an equally brilliant Accelerator IPA from a brand new brewing company here in Salt Lake, 2 Row Brewing! This pairing goes out to Brian Coleman, owner and master brewer of 2 Row Brewing... cheers and hails buddy... Brews and Tunes salutes you and your excellent brews!!
- Artist: Death Angel
- Title: "Relentless Revolution"
- Recorded: Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida
- Release date: September 3rd, 2010 (6th studio album by Death Angel)
- Record company:Nuclear Blast Records
- Production: Jason Suecof
- Album cover art: Brent Elliot White
- Personnel: Ted Aguilar (guitars), Will Carroll (drums), Rob Cavestany (guitars and vocals), Mark Osegueda (lead vocals), and Damien Sisson (bass)
- Additional musicians: Jason Suecof (guitar solo on "Truce") and Rodrigo y Gabriela (acoustic guitar outro on "Claws in so Deep")
- Musical style: Thrash metal
- Sound: Displaying the same power, aggression, and skill as their work in the late '80s/early '90s, Death Angel brings the hammer down with "Relentless Revolution"! The face-melting dual guitar work of Aguilar and Cavestany is simply mind-blowing (just listen to the soloing on "Claws In So Deep")! Osegueda's vocals are the embodiment of rage... pure, aggressive, and honest! And the rhythm section of Carrol and Sisson is a freight train baring down on you!
- Major themes: Revenge, revolution, violence, dishonesty and deception, aggression, etc.
- "Relentless Revolution"
- "Claws In So Deep"
- "Into The Arms Of Righteous Anger"
- "River Of Rapture"
- "Absence Of Light"
- "This Hate"
- "Death Of The Meek"
- "Opponents At Sides"
- "I Chose The Sky"
- "Where They Lay"
- Brewery: 2 Row Brewing (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/2-Row-Brewing/1455746251359506?fref=ts
- Brew: Accelerator IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 7.0%
- Pour: Hazy golden-honey amber with a thin, white head that leaves a nice cap and ring with chunky lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by tropical and citrusy fruitiness, floral, herbal, and piney aromas. There are notes of peach, mango, lemon, grapefruit, pine, floral soap, herbal tea, and soft caramel.
- Taste: Well-balanced, the taste is fruity, grassy, piney, and zesty. There are notes of lemon, zest, pine, bitter pink grapefruit juice, hints of mango and peach, orange juice, black tea, and white pepper.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel is sharp, crisp, dry, and hoppy with a dry, slightly bitter and peppery, but clean finish.