My 96 year old grandmother passed away this past week. She loved Elvis Presley and beer so this pairing is dedicated to the life and memory of Maicie Jensen!! Rest in peace Grandma!! Here's Elvis Presley's "Girl Happy" (Original Soundtrack Album) and an Anchor Summer Wheat from Anchor Brewing Company!
- Artist: Elvis Presley
- Title: "Girl Happy" (Original Soundtrack Album)
- Recorded: June 10th, 11th, 12th, and 15th, 1964 at Radio Recorders in Hollywood, California
- Release date: March 2nd, 1965 (22nd studio album by Elvis Presley)
- Record company: RCA Victor Records
- Production: George Stoll
- Album cover art: ?
- Personnel: Elvis Presley (vocals) with Frank Carlson (drums), Floyd Cramer (piano), D. J. Fontana (drums), Buddy Harman (drums), The Carole Lombard Trio, The Jordanaires, and The Jubilee Four (backing vocals), Bob Moore (double bass), Scotty Moore (electric guitar), Boots Randolph (saxophone), Tommy Tedesco (electric guitar), Tiny Timbrell (acoustic guitar)
- Musical style: Rock and roll, pop
- Sound: Poppy, polished, and swinging.
- Major themes: Girls, girls, and goin' girl crazy!
- "Girl Happy"
- "Spring Fever"
- "Fort Lauderdale Chamber Of Commerce"
- "Startin' Tonight"
- "Wolf Call"
- "Do Not Disturb"
- "Cross My Heart And Hope To Die"
- "The Meanest Girl In Town"
- "Do The Clam"
- "Puppet On A String"
- "I've Got To Find My Baby"
- "You'll Be Gone" (Special Bonus Song)
- Brewery: Anchor Brewing Company (San Francisco, California)
- Website: http://www.anchorbrewing.com/
- Brew: Anchor Summer Wheat
- Style: American Pale Wheat Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 4.5%
- Ingredients: Blend of 2-Row Pale and Malted Wheat, Cascade and Golding hops and dry-hopped with Golding and Simcoe
- Pour: Clear wheat-gold with a frothy, bright white 1-2 finger head that dissipates quickly, leaving a thin white cap without lacing.
- Nose: The nose is crisp, crackery, grainy, and grassy. There are notes of sourdough bread, cracked wheat, summer grass, and light citrus.
- Taste: Following the nose, the taste of the Anchor Summer Wheat is characterized by malted wheat flavor, grassy hops, light lemon/orange notes, crisp crackery biscuits, and lemongrass.
- Mouthfeel: Light-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Anchor Summer Wheat is very crisp, very smooth, and very refreshing with a clean, somewhat dry finish.