Alright... one more for you tonight my friends! Your drinkin' buddy the Meista here pairing the wonderful "Dream Police" by Cheap Trick and a FestBier from Gordon Biersch Brewing Company!
- Artist: Cheap Trick
- Title: "Dream Police"
- Recorded: 1978 through 1979 at the Record Plant in Los Angeles, California
Release date: September 21st, 1979 (4th studio album by Cheap Trick)
- Record company: Epic
- Production: Tom Werman
- Album cover art: Steve Dessau and Paula Scher (design) and Reid Miles (photography)
- Personnel: Bun E. Carlos (drums and percussion), Rick Nielsen (lead guitar and backing vocals), Tom Petersson (bass guitar, backing vocals, and lead vocals on "I Know What I Want"), and Robin Zander (lead and backing vocals and rhythm guitar)
- Additional musicians: Steve Lukather (guitar on "Voices") and Jai Winding (organ, piano, and keyboards)
- Musical style: Hard rock, rock and roll, power pop
- Sound: Combining elements of the Beatles, '50s rock and roll, and 1970s American punk rock, Cheap Trick's "Dream Police" is a fun and rambunctious album. As with every Cheap Trick album, the musicianship is top notch! In my humble opinion, Cheap Trick has always been a very underrated band and for me, really represents American rock and roll as a whole!
- Major themes: Dreams, insanity, desire, lust, love, influence, etc.
- "Dream Police"
- "Way Of The World"
- "The House Is Rockin' (With Domestic Problems)"
- "Gonna Raise Hell"
- "I'll Be With You Tonight"
- "Writing On The Wall"
- "I Know What I Want"
- "Need Your Love"
- Brewery: Gordon Biersch Brewing Company (San Jose, California)
- Website: http://www.gordonbiersch.com/
- Brew: FestBier
- Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.6%
- IBUs: 24
- Ingredients: Imported Hallertau and Tettnang aroma hops, Weihenstephan 34/70 yeast strain, and dark-roasted Munich malt and Pilsner malt
- Pour: Hazy golden-apple cider color with a frothy and billowy, 1-finger, off-white head that slowly dissipates with little or now lacing.
- Nose: The nose is sweet and malty and slightly fruity with notes of caramel/toffee and freshly baked bread with just a hint of hoppy bitterness.
- Taste: The flavor starts off sweet and bready roasty and toasty notes, like the nose, with a touch of buttery toffee. Mid-range notes are a bit more biting: grassy and bitter hops. The hops and sweet malty notes continue through the finish with some subtle floral/herbal notes that fade into a rather clean finish.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is smooth and creamy with a rather clean finish (slight lingering sweet note).