Good evening rockers, rollers, and craft brew lovers! The Meista here tonight pairing "Blood & Belief" by Blaze with a Blood Orange Saison from Upslope Brewing Company!
- Artist: Blaze
- Title: "Blood & Belief"
- Recorded: Late 2003 through early 2004 at Backstage Studios
- Release date: April 26th, 2004 (3rd studio album by Blaze)
- Record company: SPV/Steamhammer
- Production: Andy Sneap
- Album cover art: ?
- Personnel: Wayne Banks (bass), Blaze Bayley (vocals), Jason Bowld (drums), John Slater (guitars), and Steve Wary (guitars)
- Musical style: Heavy metal/hard rock, power metal
- Sound: Dark, heavy, and aggressive, the sound on "Blood & Belief" is more akin to the two Iron Maiden albums Blaze sang on in the 1990s. It is a very guitar forward album coupled by the amazing and very underrated vocals of Bayley!
- Major themes: Themes on the album are more personal than on previous Blaze albums, which were more in line with science fiction themes. Themes on "Blood & Belief" include life and death, pain, sorrow, suffering, aggression, self-reliance, etc.
- "Ten Seconds"
- "Blood And Belief"
- "Life And Death"
- "Tearing Yourself To Pieces"
- "Hollow Head"
- "Will To Win"
- "The Path And The Way"
- "Soundtrack Of My Life"
- Brewery: Upslope Brewing Company (Boulder, Colorado)
- Website: http://www.upslopebrewing.com/
- Brew: Blood Orange Saison
- Style: Saison/Farmhouse Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 6.0
- IBUs: 25
- Ingredients: Blood oranges, pink peppercorns, and Mandarina Bavaria hops
- Pour: It pours a deep brass color with a thick and frothy 2+ finger off-white head that leaves lots of sticky lacing.
- Nose: The nose of the Blood Orange Saison is citrusy, grainy, vinous, and slightly astringent. There are aromas of orange zest, lemon juice, grapes, spices, and light grains and herbs.
- Taste: The flavor is earthy, citrusy, fruity, and spicy. There are notes of Belgian yeast, orange zest, orange marmalade, lemon juice, tangerine, Chardonnay, some barnyard funk, and peppercorns and white pepper.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel is crisp and frothy with a dry and peppery finish.