Good evening and happy Friday rockers and hop-heads! The Meista here tonight pairing "Four On The Floor" by Juliette And The Licks and a Wanderlust India Pale Ale from Breakside Brewery!
- Artist: Juliette And The Licks
- Title: "Four On The Floor"
- Recorded: 2006 at The Basement, Hensen Studios, Studio 606 West, and Undercurrent Studios
- Release date: October 2nd, 2006 (2nd full-length studio album by Juliette And The Licks)
- Record company: The Militia Group
- Production: Juliette and the Licks and Dylan Mclaren
- Album cover art: Yves Bottalico
- Personnel: Juliette Lewis lead vocals), Todd Morse (guitar and backing vocals), Kemble Walters (guitar, synthesizer, rhodes, and backing vocals), and Jason Womack (bass guitar)
- Guest musicians: Dave Grohl (drums and percussion)
- Musical style: Hard rock, rock and roll, garage rock, indie rock
- Sound: Fast, in-your-face, heavy-duty, fist-pumping rock and roll, "Four On The Floor" is a pure rock and roll album akin to the work of Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, and PJ Harvey.
- Major themes: Sex, lust, death, rock and roll, vengeance, anger, happiness, etc.
- "Smash And Grab"
- "Hot Kiss"
- "Sticky Honey"
- "Purgatory Blues"
- "Death Of A Whore
- "Get Up"
- "Mind Full Of Daggers"
- "Bullshit King"
- "Inside The Cage"
- "Are You Happy"
- "Lucky For You"
- Brewery: Breakside Brewery (Portland, Oregon)
- Website: http://www.breakside.com/
- Brew: Wanderlust India Pale Ale
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.6%
- IBUs: 63
- Pour: The Wanderlust pours a golden peach amber with a frothy, bright white, 2-finger head that displays intricate spider web lacing with great sustain.
- Nose: Dank, tropical, and citrusy, the nose of the Wanderlust is characterized by aromas of orange, tangerine, mango, melon, grapefruit rind, pine resin, and a lighter malt backbone.
- Taste: With lots of Citra hops (along with 4 other varieties), the Wanderlust's flavor is chalk full of big citrus, tropical fruit, and earthy pine notes. There's loads of mango, melon, pineapple, juicy pink grapefruit, tangerine, orange zest, biscuit, soft caramel/toffee, and cereal grains.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium bodied with solid carbonation, the mouthfeel is very smooth and refreshing, but also oily with a clean, dry, and citrusy finish.