Good evening! The Meista is here tonight gettin' funky with one more for ya... a Cosmic Ristretto Baltic Porter with Espresso from Green Flash Brewing Company and Funkadelic's "Cosmic Slop"! Oh yeah!
- Artist: Funkadelic
- Title: "Cosmic Slop"
- Recorded: 1972 through 1973 at United Sound Studio in Detroit, Michigan and Manta Sound Studio in Toronto, Canada
- Release date: July 9th, 1973009-02-03)
- Record company: Westbound Records
- Production: George Clinton
- Album cover art: Pedro Bell
- Personnel: Ron Bykowski (lead and rhythm guitars), George Clinton (vocals), Ray Davis (vocals), Tyrone Lampkin (percussion), Cordell "Boogie" Mosson (bass guitar), Gary Shider (lead and rhythm guitars and vocals), and Bernie Worrell (keyboards, melodica, and strings)
- Additional musicians: Tiki Fulwood (drums)
- Musical style: Funk, funk-rock, hard rock, soul, R&B
- Sound: Wow, how do you describe the sound on "Cosmic Slop"?? It's like Jimi Hendrix, Sly Stone, James Brown, some hookers, and a circus clown are all doing heroin together... yeah... maybe??
- Major themes: Sex, lust, desire, heartbreak, war, drug addiction, crime, prostitution, confronting your demons
- "Nappy Dugout"
- "You Can't Miss What You Can't Measure"
- "March To The Witch's Castle"
- "Let's Make It Last"
- "Cosmic Slop"
- "No Compute"
- "This Broken Heart"
- "Trash A-Go-Go"
- "Can't Stand The Strain"
- Brewery: Green Flash Brewing Company (San Diego, California)
- Website: www.greenflashbrew.com
- Brew: Cosmic Ristretto Baltic Porter with Espresso
- Style: Baltic Porter with Espresso
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 8.2%
- IBUs: 45
- Pour: The Cosmic Ristretto pours an opaque deep, rich, dark brown with a frothy mocha head.
- Nose: The nose is very earthy, semi-sweet, rich, and bold. There are aromas of sweet, dark malts, dark chocolate, cocoa, rich dark roasted Espresso coffee, vanilla bean, and caramel with hints of booze.
- Taste: Like the nose, that taste of the Cosmic Ristretto is bold, complex, and rich. There are big notes of Espresso coffee, chocolate malt, lactose, vanilla, marshmallow, and a little bourbon or rum for good measure.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with minimal carbonation, the mouthfeel is exceptionally smooth and velvety with dry, chocolaty finish.
Cheers... you dig?!