Hey there hopheads and head-bangers! Your drinkin' buddy the Meista here today with another rockin' pairing for ya... a Hop Vs. Hop Duel Hop Double India Pale Ale from Proper Brewing Company and "The New Age Of Terror" by the mighty thrash masters Hirax!
- Artist: Hirax
- Title: "The New Age Of Terror"
- Recorded: 2004
Release date: May 18th, 2004 (3rd full-length studio album by Hirax)009-02-03)
- Record company: Mausoleum Records
- Production: Michael Rozon
- Album cover art: Didier Scohier
- Personnel: Katon W. De Pena (lead vocals), Angelo Espino (bass), Jorge Iacobellis (drums), Glenn Rogers (guitars), and Dave Watson (guitars)
- Musical style: Thrash metal
- Sound: One of the most underrated thrash metal bands in my opinion, Hirax combines the speed of Slayer, the aggression of Testament, the energy of early Metallica, and the passion of lead signer and founder Katon W. De Pena (which is a hell of a lot I tell ya!)! The guitar work is fiery and fierce, the bass is a roar or cannons in a thunderstorm, and the drumming is machine gun fire all while Katon belts out a powerful vocal barrage!
- Major themes: Destruction, death, war, violence, injustice, vengeance, power, etc.
- Notes: I picked up this metal gem from my buddy Kevin at the Heavy Metal Shop (www.heavymetalshop.com). Look him up and have him order in some Hirax on vinyl for you too!!
- "Kill Switch"
- "Hostile Territory"
- "The New Age Of Terror"
- "Swords Of Steel"
- "Into The Ruins"
- "Massacre Of The Innocent"
- "Hell On Earth"
- "El Dia De Los Muertos (The Day Of The Dead)"
- "El Diablo Negro"
- "Unleash The Dogs Of War (Open The Gates)"
- Brewery: Proper Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://www.properbrewingco.com/
- Brew: Hop Vs. Hop Duel Hop Double India Pale Ale
- Style: Double India Pale Ale (IPA) / Imperial IPA (IIPA)
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 7.1%
- IBUs: 80
- Ingredients: Crystal and Summit hops
- Pour: Very hazy, very bronze hued copper-amber with a creamy, off-white head that shows good sustain and lacing.
- Nose: The nose of the Hop Vs. Hop is very dank, very earthy, spicy, citrusy, and slightly sweet. There are aromas of earthy pine resin, cedar, spicy herbs, grapefruit rind, and soft caramel.
- Taste: Like the nose, the taste of the Hop Vs. Hop is a very hop-forward, yet very refreshing punch to the taste buds! There are notes of dank pine, grassy and citrusy hops, lemon zest, tangerine peel, peppery spice, and hints of sweet biscuit and toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Hop Vs. Hop Duel Hop Double India Pale Ale is smooth, but biting and somewhat sticky with a very dry and slightly bitter finish.
Cheers and hails!! Raise your fists and raise your pints!!