All right your crazy rock and rollers... your drinking buddy the Meista is here with one more kick-ass pairing for ya tonight! How's 'bout some classic "1984" Van Halen and a Helles Bock from Bohemian Brewery? Sounds about right to me!! Oh, and this pairing goes out to my "little" brother Dain-o as an early birthday present... cheers and happy birthday bro... love ya man!!! Thanks for the beer!!
- Artist: Van Halen
- Title: "1984"
- Recorded: 1983 at 5150 Studios in Studio City, California
Release date: January 9th, 1984 (6th studio album by Van Halen)
- Record company: Warner Bros.
- Production: Ted Templeman
- Album cover art: Margo Nahas
- Personnel: Michael Anthony (bass guitar and backing vocals), David Lee Roth (lead vocals), Alex Van Halen (drums and backing vocals), and Eddie Van Halen (guitars, keyboards, backing vocals)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy metal
- Sound: Damn... how do you define the sound on this album? It is so very '80s, but timeless as well... and that goddamned guitar solo on "I'll Wait"... fucking brilliant!!!
- Major themes: Sex, rock and roll, attraction, lust, partying, life, love, and gettin' crazy!
- Notes: So the song "Jump" pretty much defined my early teen years... seriously bad-assery all around!! Hell, my mom even likes this song! :)
- "Top Jimmy"
- "Drop Dead Legs"
- "Hot For Teacher"
- "I'll Wait"
- "Girl Gone Bad"
- "House Of Pain""
- Brewery: Bohemian Brewery (Midvale, Utah)
- Website: http://www.bohemianbrewery.com/
- Brew: Helles Bock
- Style: Maibock
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 6.9%
- IBUs: 33
- Ingredients: Pilsener, Vienna, and Munich malts with German hops
- Pour: The Helles Bock pours a deep golden-red bronze with a thin, frothy white head and lots of effervescence.
- Nose: The nose is toasty, fruity, and just slightly hoppy. There are aromas of spiced apple, pear, caramel, herbs, subtle spices, and a very slight hint of grassy hops.
- Taste: The taste is like the nose, spicy, fruity, sweet, and malty. There are notes of apple cider, pear syrup, caramel, sweet breads, hints of cinnamon, and herbs.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is very smooth and refreshing with a clean, mellow finish.
Cheers rockers and rollers!!