Happy Friday evening! Your pal the Meista here pairing "My Iron Lung" by Radiohead and an Hopspital IPA from Proper Brewing Company!
- Artist: Radiohead
- Title: "My Iron Lung"
- Recorded: 1993 through 1994
Release date: October 24th, 1994 (3rd EP by Radiohead)
- Record company: Parlophone / Capitol Records
- Production: John Leckie, Nigel Godrich, and Radiohead
- Album cover art: Stanley Donwood and the White Chocolate Farm
- Personnel: Colin Greenwood (bass), Jonny Greenwood (guitar and keyboards), Ed O'Brien (guitar and backing vocals), Phil Selway (drums), and Thom Yorke (lead vocals and guitar)
- Musical style: Alternative rock, experimental rock, post-punk, grunge-pop
- Sound: Richly textured, yet raw and emotional, the sound on "My Iron Lung" is rather mesmerizing and demands your attention.
- Major themes: Self-reflection, the dangers of success, isolation, pain, relationships, emotion, etc.
- Note: "My Iron Lung" contains outtakes from the recording sessions for the album "The Bends". Some of these tracks were released as B-sides as well.
- "My Iron Lung"
- "The Trickster"
- "Lewis (Mistreated)"
- "Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong"
- "Permanent Daylight"
- "Lozenge of Love"
- "You Never Wash Up After Yourself"
- "Creep" (acoustic version)
- Brewery: Proper Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://www.properbrewingco.com/
- Brew: Hopspital IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 4.0%
- IBUs: 42
- Ingredients: Chinook, Glacier, and Nelson Sauvin hops
- Pour: It pours a murky caramel apple amber with a thin, but well-sustained off-white head that displays solid lacing throughout.
- Nose: The nose is earthy, fruity, and malty. There are citrus fruit aromas of grapefruit, lemon zest, and tangerine as well as tropical fruit aromas of mango and passionfruit.
- Taste: The taste of the Hopspital IPA is tangy, fruity, citrusy, and piney. There are notes of pine, pink grapefruit, tangerine, kiwi, gooseberry, and peach along with a solid caramel malt backbone.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Hopspital IPA smooth and engaging with a crisp, slightly dry, and slightly bitter finish.