Good evening! The Meista here tonight pairing Kreator's "Coma Of Souls" with a Tangerine Soul Style IPA from Green Flash Brewing Company!
- Artist: Kreator
- Title: "Coma Of Souls"
- Recorded: July through August 1990 at Eldorado and Image Studios
Release date: November 6th, 1990 (5th studio album by Kreator)
- Record company: Noise Records / Epic Records
- Production: Randy Burns and Karl-U Walterbach
- Album cover art: Andreas Marschall
- Personnel: Rob Fioretti (bass guitar), Frank "Blackfire" Gosdzik (lead and rhythm guitar), Mille Petrozza (lead vocals and lead guitar and rhythm guitar), and Jürgen "Ventor" Reil (drums)
- Musical style: Thrash metal
- Sound: Incredibly aggressive, blisteringly fast, and , the sound on Kreator's "Coma Of Souls" is powerful, brutally honest, and wonderfully executed. The melodies are intricate, intense, and oh so very Kreator! Petrozza's broken glass and gravel vocals are perfect for the machine gun fire guitar work of Gosdzik (formerly of Sodom).
- Major themes: Socio-political criticism, war, violence, aggression, hate, dishonesty, corruption, etc.
- "When The Sun Burns Red"
- "Coma Of Souls"
- "People Of The Lie"
- "World Beyond"
- "Terror Zone"
- "Agents Of Brutality"
- "Material World Paranoia"
- "Twisted Urges"
- "Hidden Dictator"
- "Mental Slavery"
- Brewery: Green Flash Brewing Company (San Diego, California)
- Website: www.greenflashbrew.com
- Brew: Tangerine Soul Style IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.5%
- Ingredients: American malts and a blend of Citra and Cascade hops
- Pour: Hazy golden-orange with a very frothy 2-finger, bright white head that holds its form well and leaves intricate spider web lacing.
- Nose: The nose of the Tangerine Soul Style is fruity, citrusy, hoppy, dank, and musty. There are aromas of tangerine juice, tangerine zest, floral and grassy hops, light pine resin, light caramel, and grains.
- Taste: Like the nose, the taste is very fruity, bright, floral, and refreshing. There are notes of fresh squeezed tangerine, mango, pineapple, wild flowers, light herbs, light caramel, hints of pine, and fresh grains.
- Mouthfeel: Light medium-bodied with good carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Tangerine Soul Style is sharp, tangy, effervescent, and bright with a juicy and slightly bitter finish.