Good evening! Here's a special pairing going out to my buddy Mikey, famed writer of the Utah Beer Blog (http://utahbeer.blogspot.com/), which heavily inspired this blog! Tonight I'm pairing Marillion's brilliant "Fugazi" with a Limited Release Beer 1: Mikey's Citra IPL from 2 Row Brewing! Cheers Mikey!!
- Artist: Marillion
- Title: "Fugazi"
- Recorded: November 1983 through February 1984 at various studios (10 in fact)
Release date: March 12th, 1984 (2nd studio album by Marillion)
- Record company: EMI
- Production: Nick Tauber
- Album cover art: Julie Hazelwood
- Personnel: Fish (vocals), Mark Kelly (keyboards), Ian Mosley (drums), Steve Rothery (guitars), and Pete Trewavas (bass)
- Additional musicians: Chris Karen (percussion) and Linda Pyke (backing vocal on "Incubus")
- Musical style: Progressive rock, hard rock
- Sound: A bit more progressive and polished than their first album, the sound on "Fugazi" is dark, emotional, cerebral, intricate, and complex.
- Major themes: Deception, murder, anger, relationships, isolation, pain, lust, sex, love and hate, etc.
- "Punch And Judy"
- "Emerald Lies"
- "She Chameleon"
- Brewery: 2 Row Brewing (Midvale, Utah)
- Website: http://2rowbrewing.com/
- Brew: Limited Release Beer 1: Mikey's Citra IPL
- Style: India Pale Lager (IPL), Pilsner
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.5%
- Pour: Clear, yellow-gold with a thin, bright white head that leaves a thin ring and spotty lacing.
- Nose: The nose of Mikey's Citra IPL is a wonderful blend of fruity, malty, and biscuity aromas. There are notes of lemon zest, freshly squeezed grapefruit, light pine, biscuit, soft caramel, and crackery grains.
- Taste: The taste is similar to the nose, very citrusy, fruity, biscuity, and grainy. There are notes of grapefruit, lemon zest, mango, pineapple, sweet biscuit, soft caramel, cereal grain, and cracked wheat.
- Mouthfeel: Light-medium in body and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel of Mikey's Citra IPL is very crisp, refreshing, and smooth with a clean finish.