Good afternoon! The Meista here today pairing a Mabon Weizenbock Ale from Proper Brewing Company and the Kiss "Paul Stanley" solo album from 1978!
- Artist: Kiss
- Title: "Paul Stanley"
- Recorded: February through July 1978 at Electric Lady Studios in New York City, New York and
The Record Plant Studios and The Village Recorder in Los Angeles, California
- Release date: September 18th, 1978 (1st solo album by Paul Stanley) (1969-04-16)
- Record company: Casablanca Records
- Production: Paul Stanley and Jeff Glixman
- Album cover art: Eraldo Carulgati
- Personnel: Paul Stanley (lead and backing vocals, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, acoustic guitar, and EBow) with Carmine Appice (drums on track 5), Steve Buslowe (bass guitar on tracks 1–5), Peppy Castro (backing vocals on tracks 3 and 7), Richie Fontana (drums on tracks 1–4), Diana Grasselli (backing vocals on track 2), Doug Katsaros (piano, Omni string ensemble, and backing vocals on track 7), Craig Krampf (drums on tracks 6–9), Bob Kulick (lead guitar and acoustic guitar), Steve Lacey (electric guitar on track 8), Eric Nelson -(bass guitar on tracks 6–9), Miriam Naomi Valle (backing vocals on track 2), and Maria Vidal (backing vocals on track 2)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy metal
- Sound: Big, bold, and heavy hitting, the Paul Stanley's album of the 4 releases sound the most like a Kiss album and along with Ace's is heavy duty rock and roll! The album showcases Stanley's vocal range and songwriting prowess.
- Major themes: Relationships, love, lust, desire, sex, rebellion, etc.
- "Tonight You Belong To Me"
- "Move On"
- "Ain't Quite Right"
- "Wouldn't You Like To Know Me"
- "Take Me Away (Together As One)"
- "It's Alright"
- "Hold Me, Touch Me (Think Of Me When We're Apart)"
- "Love In Chains"
- Brewery: Proper Brewing Company(Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://www.properbrewingco.com/
- Brew: Mabon Weizenbock Ale
- Style: Weizenbock
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 7.1%
- IBUs: 22
- Pour: It pours a murky, deep mahogany brown with a 2-finger, off-white head with great retention and sticky, layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose of the Mabon malty, fruity, and spicy. There are aromas of dark fruits (plum, raisin, black cherries), soft banana, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla bean, doughy wheat bread, toffee, and molasses.
- Taste: The taste is characterized by dark fruit flavors, sweet malt, vanilla, and spices. There are notes of plums, raisins, vanilla, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Mabon is smooth, hearty, and a little sticky with a rich, sweet finish.
Overall pairing: The Mabon's rich, sweet, and malty flavors are perfect for Paul Stanley's vocal range and good time rockin' approach on a crisp, Autumn Saturday afternoon! So grab a bottle, grab your baby, and crank it up!!
Cheers!! Rock on!!