Good evening and happy Thursday! The Meista here pairing a couple "classics" for ya... "Classic Masters" from April Wine and a Full Sail Classic IPA from Full Sail Brewing Company!
- Artist: April Wine
- Title: "Classic Masters"
- Recorded: 1978 through 1985
- Release date: March 26th, 2002 (1969-04-16)
- Record company: Capitol Records / MCA
- Production: Cheryl Pawelski (compilation)
- Album cover art: Michael Ochs
- Personnel: Myles Goodwyn (lead and backing vocals, guitar, and keyboards), Brian Greenway (vocals and guitar), Steve Lang (bass and backing vocals), Jerry Mercer (drums, percussion, and backing vocals), and Gary Moffet (guitar and backing vocals)
- Musical style: Hard rock, proto-metal
- Sound: Full-on 1970s arena rock, April Wine is one of those underrated bands that is only known for a few hits, but has a deep wealth of straightforward rock and roll goodness! And that rock and roll goodness really shines on "Classic Masters". Their amazing cover of King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid Man" alone makes this album a must have... and "Roller", "I Like To Rock", and "Say Hello" will make you wanna boogie!
- Major themes: Rock and roll, players, love, lust, sex, partying, loss, heartbreak, pain, hope, etc.
- "Get Ready For Love"
- "Say Hello"
- "I Like To Rock"
- "Just Between You And Me"
- "Sign Of The Gypsy Queen"
- "Enough Is Enough"
- "Tell Me Why" (Beatles cover)
- "This Could Be The Right One"
- "21st Century Schizoid Man" (King Crimson cover)
- "Love Has Remembered Me"
- Brewery: Full Sail Brewing Company (Hood River, Oregon)
- Website: https://fullsailbrewing.com/
- Brew: Full Sail Classic IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.0%
- IBUs: 60
- Ingredients: Two-row Pale and Crystal malt, and Centennial hops
- Pour: The Full Sail Classic IPA pours a clear, golden-amber with a frothy, 1+ finger white head that shows good sustain and sticky, layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is herbal, earthy, piney, and citrusy with a little sweetness. There are aromas of hop oils, pine resin, grapefruit rind, lemon zest, fresh bread, and soft caramel.
- Taste: The taste of the Full Sail Classic IPA follows the nose. It is hoppy, grassy, herbal, and citrusy with a solid malt backbone. There are notes of pink grapefruit juice, pine, summer grass, black tea, and toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with good carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Full Sail Classic IPA is very crisp, smooth, and refreshing with a dry, slightly bitter finish.
Overall pairing: The "classic", straightforward drinkability of the delicious Full Sail Classic IPA is great for the rockin' goodness that is April Wine! Those crisp and punchy hop flavors go great with the faster, more aggressive songs, while the solid malt backbone and sweeter caramel notes are great for the more mellow rock ballads!
Cheers!! Rock on!!