Good afternoon and happy Sunday! The Meista here today a Spotted Cow from New Glarus Brewing Company and "Holy Cow!" by bassist extraordinaire, Billy Sheehan!
- Artist: Billy Sheehan
- Title: "Holy Cow!"
- Recorded: 2008
Release date: April 2009 (3rd solo album by Billy Sheehan
- Record company: Victor Records
- Production: Simone Sello
- Album cover art: Brian J. Ames (design and artwork) and Rima Malvankar (photography)
- Personnel: Billy Sheehan (bass, guitar, harmonica, and vocals) with Evan Beigel (drums), Billy Gibbons (guitar), Paul Gilbert (guitar), Doug Pinnick (vocals), Ray Luzier (drums), Pat Regan (drums and keyboards), and Simone Sello (guitar)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy metal, power pop
- Sound: As with anything Billy Sheehan touches, the music on "Holy Cow!" is richly textured, heavy, and complex yet very pleasant to the ear and rockin'! His bass work is inspiration, intricate, and powerful... and set against the wonderful guitar work of Gibbons and Gilbert? Pure joy!
- Major themes: Life, honesty, deception, relationships, perseverance, integrity, reason, etc.
- "In A Week Or Two (I'll Give It Back To You)"
- "Dynamic Exhilarator"
- "A Lit'l Bit'l Do It To 'Ya Ev'ry Time"
- "A Bloodless Casualty"
- "Make It To Another Day (I Keep Rolling On My Way)"
- "Another Broken Promise"
- "Just Another Humanland"
- "Turning Point"
- "Two People Can Keep A Secret (If One Of Them Is Dead)"
- "Theme From An Imaginary Sci Fi"
- "Cell Towers"
- "Swimming Underwater"
- Brewery: New Glarus Brewing Company (New Glarus, Wisconsin)
- Website: http://newglarusbrewing.com/
- Brew: Spotted Cow
- Style: Cream Ale / Farmhouse Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 4.8%
- Ingredients: Flaked barley and Wisconsin malts
- Pour: The Spotted Cow pours a cloudy, golden-amber with a creamy, 1+ finger head that displays solid lacing.
- Nose: The nose is fruity, grainy, and a little grassy. There are aromas of light banana, melon, lemon zest, and grass with light caramel.
- Taste: The flavor is sweet, fruity, malty, and grainy. There are notes of melon, soft banana, lemon, crackery biscuit, soft caramel, and bread.
- Mouthfeel: Light-bodied and well carbonated, the mouthfeel of the Spotted Cow is crisp, smooth, and creamy with a clean finish.