Hello and happy Friday! Your drinking buddy the Meista here today getting your ready for the weekend with a pairing of Tygers Of Pan Tang's self-titled 2016 album and a Stone Citrusy Wit from Stone Brewing Company!
- Artist: Tygers Of Pan Tang
- Title: "Tygers Of Pan Tang"
- Recorded: Late 2015 through 2016 at The Blast Studio in Newcastle, England
- Release date: October 21st, 2016 (12th studio album by Tygers Of Pan Tang)
- Record company: Mighty Music / Target Records
- Production: Tygers Of Pan Tang
- Album cover art: Roberto Toderico
- Personnel: Micky Crystal (guitars), Craig Ellis (drums and percussion), Gavin Gray (bass guitar), Jacopo Meille (vocals), and "Tyger" Robb Weir (guitars)
- Musical style: Heavy metal, hard rock
- Sound: Fast, fiery, and powerful, the latest album by the mighty Tygers Of Pan Tang has the feel of their early 1980s albums, but with the punch and production mastery of modern day albums. The band is tight and it is very evident through their playing that their having a helluva good time! The guitar work of Crystal and Tyger Robb alone is worth every penny! Of the album, Weir stated: “Once in a while there comes a special time, a period where you feel it's all finally coming together and that time I'm proud to say is now. You're gonna love this one, it's a MONSTER!"
- Major themes: Bravery, survival, power, vengeance, rock and roll, attitude, deception, desire, etc.
- "Only The Brave"
- "Glad Rags"
- "Never Give In"
- "The Reason Why"
- "Do It Again"
- "I Got The Music In Me"
- "Praying For A Miracle"
- "Blood Red Sky"
- "Angel In Disguise"
- "Devil You Know"
- Brewery: Stone Brewing Company (Escondido, California)
- Website: http://www.stonebrewing.com/
- Brew: Stone Citrusy Wit
- Style: Witbier
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.3%
- IBUs: 35
- Ingredients: Magnum, Centennial, Amarillo, Mandarina Bavaria hops with tangerine and kaffir lime leaf
- Pour: The Stone Citrusy Wit pours a hazy golden amber with a frothy 1-finger white head with great retention and lots of intricate lacing throughout.
- Nose: The nose is fruity hop forward, bready, and spicy. There are aromas of wheat, lime juice, lime zest, tangerine, orange peel, coriander, and light malts.
- Taste: The taste of the Stone Citrusy Wit is spicy, zesty, citrusy, floral, and slightly malty. There are notes of lime, tangerine, wheat, light crackery malt, and a subtle yeasty finish.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the Stone Citrusy Wit is very crisp, refreshing, and hoppy with a clean, dry finish.
Cheers and hails!!
Oh, and check out the interview I did with Tygers Of Pan Tang guitarist and founding member Robb Weir back in 2014: http://brewsandtunes.blogspot.com/2014/02/february-16th-2014-tyger-tyger-burning.html!