Good evening rockers, rollers, and artisan brew-lovers..! The Meista here tonight pairing Brownout's "Brownout Presents: Brown Sabbath Vol. II" and a Season Pass Vanilla Porter from Uinta Brewing Company!
- Artist: Brownout
- Title: "Brownout Presents: Brown Sabbath Vol. II
- Recorded: 2016 at Wire Studios and Level One Sound
Release date: October 28th, 2016 (5th full-length studio album by Brownout)
- Record company: Ubiquity Recordings, Inc.
- Production: Brownout
- Album cover art: ?
- Personnel: Gilbert Elorreaga (trumpet), Greg Gonzalez (electric bass), Mark "Speedy" Gonzalez (trombone), Mathew "Sweet Lou" Holmes (congas, bongos, and percussion), Josh Levy (baritone saxophone), Alex Marrero (vocals), Beto Martinez (electric guitar), Adrian Quesada (electric guitar), and John Speice (drums, timbales, and percussion)
- Additional musicians: Dan Bechtoldt (tenor saxophone) and Aaron Behrens (lead vocals on "Symptom Of The Universe" and "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath")
- Musical style: Heavy metal, big band jazz, Latin funk
- Sound: Funky, swinging, heavy, jazzy, and just plain bad-ass!
- Major themes: Death, darkness, drugs, good and evil, etc.
- "Symptom Of The Universe"
- "Fairies Wear Boots"
- "Children Of The Grave"
- "Electric Funeral"
- "Sweet Leaf"
- "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"
- Brewery: Uinta Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://uintabrewing.com/
- Brew: Season Pass Vanilla Porter
- Style: American Porter
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 4.0%
- IBUs: 25
- Ingredients: Chocolate and Black malts and Experimental #291 hops
- Pour: The Season Pass pours an ink black with a creamy 1+ finger light mocha head with great retention and lots of sticky, layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is roasty, toasty, sweet, and earthy. There are aromas of dark chocolate, cocoa, vanilla bean, soft coconut, roasted coffee bean, and roasted malt.
- Taste: The taste of the Season Pass follows the nose. It is earthy, chocolaty, and full of lots of vanilla. There are notes of cocoa, dark chocolate, vanilla, cream, marshmallow, coconut, roasted malt, roasted nuts, and roasted coffee.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with low carbonation, the mouthfeel is smooth, creamy, and velvety with a rather dry finish.