Good afternoon! The Meista starting the day off with W.A.S.P.'s "95-N.A.S.T.Y." 12" Single and The Down Low Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company! Hell yeah!
- Artist: W.A.S.P.
- Title: "95-N.A.S.T.Y." 12" Single
- Recorded: July 1986 at Pasha Music House in North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
- Release date: September 1986
- Record company: Capitol Records
- Production: Blackie Lawless
- Album cover art: ?
- Personnel: Chris Holmes (lead guitar), Blackie Lawless (lead vocals and rhythm guitar), Steve Riley (drums and backing vocals), and Johnny Rod (bass and backing vocals)
- Musical style: Heavy metal, glam metal
- Sound: That raunchy, in-your-face, aggressive rock and roll punch of the early W.A.S.P. you know and love! Chris Holmes tears it up!!
- Major themes: Sex, lust, desire, love, etc.
- "Easy Living" (Uriah Heep cover)
- "Flesh And Fire"
- Brewery: Lagunitas Brewing Company (Petaluma, California)
- Website: https://lagunitas.com/
- Brew: The Down Low Ale
- Style: American Pale Ale (APA)
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 3.9%
- IBUs: 42
- Ingredients: Northwestern Hops from Perrault Farms and dark crystal malts
- Pour: The Down Low Ale pours a clear, copper amber with a 2-finger, frothy white head with moderate retention and soapy lacing.
- Nose: The nose is citrusy, tropical, and earthy. There are aromas of orange peel, grapefruit rind, mango, lime zest, pine resin, and caramel and bready malts.
- Taste: The taste of the Down Low Ale is fruity, citrusy, earthy, and dank with a little bit of malty sweetness. There are notes of orange peel, lemon zest, grapefruit juice, light pine, and caramel/toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied with good carbonation, the mouthfeel is resinous, sticky, but crisp with a dry finish.
Overall pairing: The "stoooopidly slammable", drinkable character of Lagunitas' The Down Low Ale is perfect for banging your head and pumping your fist to the powerfully entertaining might and raunchiness of W.A.S.P.'s "95-N.A.S.T.Y." 12" Single! Hot damn!