Good evening! The Meista here tonight pairing "Milk And Honey" by John Lennon And Yoko Ono and a Rogue Farms Honey Kölsch from Rogue Ales!
- Artist: John Lennon And Yoko Ono
- Title: "Milk And Honey"
- Recorded: August through December 1980 and 1983
- Release date: January 27th, 1984 (8th and final studio album by John Lennon. It was released posthumously.)
- Record company: Polydor / Geffen
- Production: John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Album cover art: Kishin Shinoyama
- Personnel: John Lennon (guitar, keyboards, and lead and backing vocals) and Yoko Ono (lead and backing vocals) with Billy Alessi (backing vocals), Bobby Alessi (backing vocals), Pete Cannarozzi (synthesizer), Paul Griffin (drums), Gordon Grody (backing vocals), Neil Jason (bass), Arthur Jenkins (percussion), Howard Johnson (horns), Tony Levin (bass), Steve Love (guitar), Jimmy Maelen (percussion), Hugh McCracken (guitar), Andy Newmark (drums), Wayne Pedziwiatr (bass), Elliott Randall (guitar), Earl Slick (guitar), George Small (keyboards), Peter Thom (backing vocals), John Tropea (guitar), Ed Walsh (keyboards), Wisnu Cahya Adi Wibowo (guitar and backing vocals), and Kurt Yahjian (backing vocals)
- Musical style: Rock, pop
- Sound: Upbeat, a little less polished than "Double Fantasy", but wonderfully produced.
- Major themes: Love, passion, parenthood, fear, forgiveness, etc. Of the album's title Yoko Ono explained that it referred to their journey to "the land of milk and honey" (the U.S.). "But also, in the Scripture, the land of milk and honey is where you go after you die, as a promised land. So it's very strange that I thought of that title. Almost scary – like someone up there told me to call the next album Milk and Honey."
- "I'm Stepping Out"
- "Sleepless Night"
- "I Don't Wanna Face It"
- "Don't Be Scared"
- "Nobody Told Me"
- "O' Sanity"
- "Borrowed Time"
- "Your Hands"
- "(Forgive Me) My Little Flower Princess"
- "Let Me Count The Ways"
- "Grow Old With Me"
- "You're The One"
- Brewery: Rogue Ales (Newport, Oregon)
- Website: http://www.rogue.com/
- Brew: Rogue Farms Honey Kölsch
- Style: Kölsch
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.0%
- IBUs: 26
- Ingredients: Rogue Farms Dare™ and Risk™ Malts; Wheat, DextraPils and Aciduated Malts; Rogue Hopyard Honey & Wild Flower Honey; Alluvial Hops; Free Range Coastal Water and Kölsch #2 Yeast.
- Pour: The Honey Kölsch pours a golden yellow-amber with a thin, white head that dissipates quickly, leaving only a thin ring and little lacing.
- Nose: The nose is bready, doughy, and sweet. There are aromas of crackery biscuit, wheat, fresh honey, and grassy hops.
- Taste: The taste of the Honey Kölsch is similar to the nose with light grains, grassy hops, and sweet honey.
- Mouthfeel: Light-bodied and well carbonated, the mouthfeel is crisp, smooth, and refreshing with a clean finish.