Good afternoon! The Meista here rockin' out today with the "Infinite", the latest from the mighty Deep Purple and a White Label Belgian White Ale from Utah Brewers Cooperative (Wasatch Brewery)!
- Artist: Deep Purple
- Title: "Infinite"
- Recorded: 2016 at The Tracking Room, Nashville, Tennessee, Anarchy Studios, Nashville, Tennessee, Noble Street Studios, Toronto, Canada, X-Level Studios, Stockholm, Sweden, Doron Plascow (Pluto) Studios, Tel Aviv, Israel, and Headline Studios, Harston, UK
- Release date: April 7th, 2017 (20th studio album by Deep Purple)
- Record company: earMUSIC
- Production: Bob Ezrin
- Album cover art: Büro Dirk Rudolph
- Personnel: Don Airey (organ and keyboards), Ian Gillan (lead vocals and harmonica), Roger Glover (bass), Steve Morse (guitars and vocals), and Ian Paice (drums)
- Additional musicians: Tommy Denander (additional guitar on "The Surprising") and Bob Ezrin (additional keyboards, backing vocals, and percussion)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy metal, progressive rock, heavy blues rock
- Sound: With the release of a 20th studio album, one might think that a band with 40+ years under their belts would simple rehash old tunes or simple "go mellow". This is definitely not the case with Deep Purple's fantastic "Infinite"! The album proves (once again) that DP is not only still a relevant hard rock band, but incredibly creative and pushing boundaries! Flexing their music prowess, Gillan's vocals are as powerful and rich as ever, while the band is incredibly tight and heavy!
- Major themes: Presenting a nice mix of straightforward and more abstract lyrics, themes on the album include isolation, partying, rock and roll, sex, lust, relationships, insanity, power, might, etc.
- "Time For Bedlam"
- "Hip Boots"
- "All I Got Is You"
- "One Night In Vegas"
- "Get Me Outta Here"
- "The Surprising"
- "Johnny's Band"
- "On Top Of The World"
- "Birds Of Prey"
- "Roadhouse Blues"
- Brewery: Utah Brewers Cooperative (Wasatch Brewery) (Park City, Utah)
- Website: http://wasatchbeers.com/default.aspx
- Brew: White Label Belgian White Ale
- Style: Witbier
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 6.0%
- Pour: It pours a hazy straw gold-yellow with a creamy, mash potato 1+ finger, white head with great sustain (like Deep Purple) and lots of intricate lacing.
- Nose: The nose of the White Label Belgian White Ale is zesty, spicy, fruity, and grainy. There are aromas of orange peel, coriander, pear juice, wheat, Belgian yeast, soft banana, light honey, and spices (nutmeg and cloves).
- Taste: The taste is fruity, spicy, zesty, and bready. There are notes of grains of paradise, pear, white grape, orange zest, lemon zest, soft banana, freshly baked sourdough and wheat breads, and nutmeg and cloves.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is crisp, zesty, and smooth with a semi-dry, clean finish.
Overall pairing: The crisp, zesty, and spicy flavors and aromas of the White Label Belgian White Ale from Utah Brewers Cooperative (Wasatch Brewery) is perfect for the rock and roll punch and richly layered tracks on Deep Purple's amazing new album, "Infinite"!! You definitely need both this album and beer in your life... go get 'em!