Good evening! The Meista here tonight pairing "Some Girls" by The Rolling Stones and a Wanderlust India Pale Ale from Breakside Brewery!
- Artist: The Rolling Stones
- Title: "Some Girls"
- Recorded: October 10th through December 21st, 1977 and January 5th through March 2nd, 1978 at Pathé Marconi Studios in Paris, France
- Release date: June 9th, 1978 (14th British and 16th American studio album by the Rolling Stones)
- Record company: Rolling Stones Records
- Production: The Glimmer Twins
- Album cover art: Peter Corriston
- Personnel: Mick Jagger (lead and backing vocals, electric guitar, and piano on "Faraway Eyes"), Keith Richards (electric and acoustic guitars, backing vocals, lead vocals on "Before They Make Me Run", bass guitar on "Some Girls" and "Before They Make Me Run", and piano on "Faraway Eyes"), Charlie Watts (drums), Ronnie Wood (electric, acoustic, pedal steel and slide guitar, backing vocals, bass guitar, and bass drum on "Shattered"), Bill Wyman (bass guitar and synthesizer on "Some Girls")
- Additional musicians: Sugar Blue (harmonica on "Miss You" and "Some Girls"), Mel Collins (saxophone on "Miss You"), Simon Kirke (congas on "Shattered"), and Ian McLagan (electric piano on "Miss You" and organ on "Just My Imagination")
- Musical style: Rock, hard rock, rhythm and blues, blues rock, country
- Sound: Of the albums direction, Jagger stated, "The inspiration for the record was really based in New York and the ways of the town. I think that gave it an extra spur and hardness. And then, of course, there was the punk thing that had started in 1976. Punk and disco were going on at the same time, so it was quite an interesting period. New York and London, too. Paris—there was punk there. Lots of dance music. Paris and New York had all this Latin dance music, which was really quite wonderful. Much more interesting than the stuff that came afterward."
- Major themes: Love, loss, punishment, sex, lust, deceit, heartbreak, redemption, etc.
- "Miss You"
- "When The Whip Comes Down"
- "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)"
- "Some Girls"
- "Far Away Eyes"
- "Before They Make Me Run"
- "Beast Of Burden"
- Brewery: Breakside Brewery (Portland, Oregon)
- Website: http://www.breakside.com/
- Brew: Wanderlust India Pale Ale
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.6%
- IBUs: 63
- Pour: The Wanderlust pours a golden peach amber with a frothy, bright white, 2-finger head that displays intricate spider web lacing with great sustain.
- Nose: Dank, tropical, and citrusy, the nose of the Wanderlust is characterized by aromas of orange, tangerine, mango, melon, grapefruit rind, pine resin, and a lighter malt backbone.
- Taste: With lots of Citra hops (along with 4 other varieties), the Wanderlust's flavor is chalk full of big citrus, tropical fruit, and earthy pine notes. There's loads of mango, melon, pineapple, juicy pink grapefruit, tangerine, orange zest, biscuit, soft caramel/toffee, and cereal grains.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium bodied with solid carbonation, the mouthfeel is very smooth and refreshing, but also oily with a clean, dry, and citrusy finish.