Good evening! Your drinking buddy the Meista here tonight with a pairing of the Daily Rise And Shine Coffee Oatmeal Cream Breakfast Stout from Roosters Brewing Company and "Shine" by Austrian symphonic metal band Edenbridge!
- Artist: Edenbridge
- Title: "Shine"
- Recorded: 2004 at House of Audio, Seagull Music Studio, and Farpoint Station Studio
- Release date: October 25th, 2004 (4th studio album by Edenbridge)
- Record company: Massacre Records
- Production: Dennis Ward
- Album cover art: Thomas Ewerhard
- Personnel: Sabine Edelsbacher (lead and backing vocals), Andreas Eibler (guitars), Lanvall (guitar, bass, and keyboards), and Roland Navratil (drums)
- Additional musicians: Astrid Stockhammer (violin) and Dennis Ward (backing vocals)
- Musical style: Symphonic metal, power metal, melodic metal, folk metal
- Sound: Bombastic, melodic, and richly textured, Edenbridge's sound on "Shine" is wonderful blend of symphonic metal in the tradition of Nightwish and power metal in the tradition of Edguy with a touch of Eastern influence! Edelsbacher's wonderful vocal range is further enhanced by the guitar and acrobatic prowess of Eibler and Lanvall!
- Major themes: Mythology, the paranormal, life, passion, fantasy, reality, power, etc.
- "Move Along Home"
- "Centennial Legend"
- "Wild Chase"
- "And The Road Goes On"
- "What You Leave Behind"
- "October Sky"
- "The Canterville Prophecy"
- "The Canterville Ghost"
- Brewery: Roosters Brewing Company (Ogden and Layton, Utah)
- Website: http://www.roostersbrewingco.com/
- Brew: Daily Rise And Shine Coffee Oatmeal Cream Breakfast Stout
- Style: Oatmeal Stout
- Serving: Pint off the tap
- ABV: 4.0%
- Pour: The Daily Rise And Shine pours a deep, dark chestnut brown (almost ink black) with a creamy, 2-finger, mocha head with great retention and sticky, layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is a rich and wonderful blend of rich coffee, sweet chocolate, and hearty oatmeal. There are aromas of milk chocolate, cocoa, espresso, oats, fresh cream, vanilla bean, molasses, hints of dark fruit, and caramel.
- Taste: The taste of the Daily Rise And Shine follows the nose... lots of big coffee, chocolate, and oat flavors. There are notes of dark and milk chocolate, cocoa, rich, dark roasted coffee, vanilla, cream, soft marshmallow, and toffee.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with very low carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Daily Rise And Shine is velvety smooth, creamy, thick, and sticky with a sweet, dry finish.
Overall pairing: The bold and sweet flavors and aromas of Roosters' wonderfully delicious Daily Rise And Shine Coffee Oatmeal Cream Breakfast Stout is perfect for the beautifully melodic and richly textured songs of Edenbridge's "Shine"! The silky smooth chocolaty character seems to emulated the beautiful vocals of Sabine Edelsbacher!