Good evening rockers, rollers, and craft brew lovers!! The Meista here tonight rocking the hell out to "Let's Jam Again Soon", the latest album from Portland band Gaytheist and a Nectarberry Saison Ale from the Engine House No. 9 Brewery!
- Artist: Gaytheist
- Title: "Let's Jam Again Soon"
- Recorded: December 2014 and September 2016 at Interlace Studios
- Release date: June 16th, 2017 (4th studio album by Gaytheist)
- Record company: Good To Die Records
- Production: Gaytheist
- Album cover art: Wendi Deal and Jason Rivera
- Personnel: Tim Hoff (bass), Nickolis Parks (drums), and Jason Rivera (guitar and vocals)
- Musical style: Hardcore punk, post punk, metal, pop, noise rock, garage rock, stoner rock
- Sound: Characterized by loud and crunchy guitars, machine-gun fire drumming, full-throttled bass, and Rivera sometimes angry, sometimes happy, and always accessible vocals, the sound on Gaytheist's latest album is both catchy and full-on heavy hitting punky goodness! This band is fast, furious, and fun as hell to experience!
- Major themes: Life, reality, honesty, greed, vanity, pain, joy, violence, etc.
- "Three Words"
- "Extravagant Lie"
- "Let's Get Astrophysical"
- "Avenged Seven-Minute Abs"
- "It's Just Everything"
- "Company Retreat!"
- "On My Knees"
- "We Are Possessed"
- "Words For Lyrics"
- "Queen Of England"
- "They Ain't Coming Back"
- "Consumer 2080" (bonus digital track)
- Brewery: Engine House No. 9 Brewery (Tacoma, Washington)
- Website: http://www.ehouse9.com/
- Brew: Nectarberry Saison Ale
- Style: American Wild Ale / Saison / Farmhouse Ale
- Serving: 12.68 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.4%
- Pour: The Nectarberry Saison Ale pours a deep and bright beet juice-violet with a very thin head that dissipates immediately and leaves no lacing.
- Nose: The nose is very fruity, tart, earthy, and robust. There are aromas of berries, berry jam, port wine, wild flowers, lemon zest, leather, and a hint of barnyard funk.
- Taste: The taste of the Nectarberry Saison Ale is characterized by big Brett, funk, fruit, and tart flavors. There are notes of fresh nectarberries, raspberries, cranberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, Chardonnay, and a hint of oak.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium in body with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is very tart, very crisp, with a lip-puckering sour and dry finish.
Overall pairing: The crisp, tart, and punchy flavors of the very drinkable and delicious Nectarberry Saison Ale from Engine House No. 9 Brewery is perfect for the straightforward, fast-paced, joyous punch of Gaytheist's brilliant "Let's Jam Again Soon"! I had the very good fortune of attending the LP release party in Seattle last month and I was totally blown away by this incredibly talented and amusing band! You NEED this album in your collect and you NEED to pair it with one of the wonderful sour brews from Engine House No. 9 Brewery!!