Hello there my friends! The Meista here getting heavy with a Northwest Coast pairing of Dragonstooth Stout from Elysian Brewing Company and "Godhead" by Sandrider!
- Artist: Sandrider
- Title: "Godhead"
- Recorded: May 2013 at The Red Room in Seattle, Washington
- Release date: November 19th, 2013 (2nd album by Sandrider)
- Record company: Good To Die Records
- Production: Matt Bayles
- Album cover art: Jesse Roberts
- Personnel: Nat Damm (drums), Jesse Roberts (bass and vocals), and Jon Weisnewski (guitar and vocals)
- Musical style: Sandrider blends sludge rock, stoner rock, post-grunge, doom metal, hard rock, heavy metal, and hardcore punk.
- Sound: Heavy as hell, the sound on Sandrider's brilliant second album, "Godhead" is a powerfully heavy and fiery fast exploration of musical might by this amazing trio! Weisnewski's guitar riffs are both aggressive and mesmerizing while the rhythm section of Damm and Roberts is a mighty juggernaut of thunderous proportions... a "Godhead" wall of sound!
- Major themes: With influence from Frank Herbert's "Dune" series, themes on "Godhead" include mythology, space travel, ascension of power, betrayal, corruption, good vs. evil, heroism, death, etc.
- Brewery: Elysian Brewing Company (Seattle, Washington)
- Website: http://www.elysianbrewing.com/
- Brew: Dragonstooth Stout
- Style: Imperial Oatmeal Stout
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 8.1%
- IBUs: 56
- Ingredients: Crystal malt, Munich malt, Chocolate malt, roasted barley, and rolled oats, and
Bittered with Magnum hops and finished with Cascade and Centennial hops
- Pour: The Dragonstooth pours a deep ink black with a thick and frothy 1-finger, light mocha head with great sustain and chunky lacing.
- Nose: The nose is a blend of rich, dark roasted coffee, dark chocolate, and hearty grains. There are aromas of semi-sweet bakers chocolate, cocoa, French roast, espresso beans, creamy oatmeal, caramel, fresh cream, light marshmallow, and barley.
- Taste: The taste of the Dragonstooth is earthy, chocolaty, roasty, creamy, and slightly sweet. There are notes of creamy oats, bittersweet dark chocolate, cocoa, lots of dark roasted coffee, caramel, fresh cream, marshmallow, roasted grains, and hints of booze.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied with low carbonation, the mouthfeel is smooth, thick, and velvety with a creamy, yet very dry and slightly bitter finish.