Good evening evil-doers! Let's do some heavy duty headbangin' with "Storm The Gates", the latest album by metal veterans Venom and an Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company!
- Artist: Venom
- Title: "Storm The Gates"
- Recorded: 2016 through 2018 at Thunderoar OQB Studios and DooM Mobile and 2017 through 2018 at OffWorld Mobile Recording and Insomniac Sound and Vision in the UK
- Release date: December 14th, 2018 (studio album by Venom)
- Record company: Spinefarm Records
- Production: Cronos
- Album cover art: Radvicioust and Nikos Outsikas
- Personnel: Conrad "Cronos" Lant (bass and vocals), Danny "Danté" Needham (drums), and Stuart "La Rage" Dixon (guitars)
- Musical style: Thrash metal, speed metal, black metal
- Sound: Fast, furious, raw, and aggressive, this is pure, classic Venom! Sure, there's nothing really new here in terms of subject matter or approach, but it kicks ass like only Venom does!
- Major themes: Death, violence, the occult, Satan, evil, darkness, hell, heavy metal, etc.
- "Bring Out Your Dead"
- "I Dark Lord"
- "100 Miles To Hell"
- "Dark Night (Of The Soul)"
- "Beaten To A Pulp"
- "The Mighty Have Fallen"
- "Over My Dead Body"
- "Suffering Dictates"
- "We The Loud"
- "Storm The Gates"
- Brewery: Lagunitas Brewing Company (Petaluma, California)
- Website: http://www.lagunitas.com/
- Brew: Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale
- Style: American Strong Ale (somewhere between a Double IPA and a Barleywine)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 9.6%
- IBUs: 6.66
- Pour: Hazy iced-tea caramel hue with a thick and creamy 1-2 finger off-white, mashed potato head with great sustain and intricate and layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is nice blend of big, sweet malts, dank and earthy herbs, caramel, hops, booze, and a little smokiness. There are aromas of pine resin, cedar, herbal tea, burnt toffee, bourbon, and a slight hint of liquid smoke.
- Taste: Lots of sweet, bitter, earthy, and boozy flavors going on here! There are notes of pine, juniper, bitter grapefruit, black tea, toasted biscuit, soft caramel, and minerals.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with minimal carbonation, the mouthfeel is thick, chewy and creamy with some booziness and a bitter finish.