Buona sera evil-doers! Tonight I present to you Fleshgod Apocalypse's brilliant new album "Veleno" with an equally brilliant Prometheus Birra Scura from the fine folks at Birrificio dell’Etna! This pairing goes out to my friend Jared Mallory who brought me this tasty brew all the way from Italy! Cheers buddy and thanks for the beer!!
- Artist: Fleshgod Apocalypse
- Title: "Veleno"
- Recorded: 2019
Release date: May 24th, 2019 (5th full-length studio album by Fleshgod Apocalypse)
- Record company: Nuclear Blast Records
- Production: Fleshgod Apocalypse
- Album cover art: Travis Smith
- Personnel: Francesco Ferrini (piano and orchestral arrangements), Francesco Paoli (drums, guitars, and vocals), and Paolo Rossi (bass guitar and vocals)
- Additional musicians: Aurora Bacchiorri (violin), Fabio Bartoletti (lead guitar), Veronica Bordacchini (soprano vocals), Tommaso Bruschi (cello), Maurizio Cardullo (uillean pipes), Matteo Flori (percussion), Daniele Marinelli (mandolin), Federico Micheli (viola), Federico Passaro (double bass), and Lucrezia Sannipoli (violin)
- Musical style: Technical death metal, progressive death metal, symphonic metal
- Sound: Bombastic, complex, aggressive, and powerful, Fleshgod Apocalypse's latest album, "Veleno" demands your attention and slaps you across the face while demanding it! This is an album with huge sound, huge guitars, huge orchesteral movements, and huge vocals... and all very emotional and honest!
- Major themes: Mythology, death, culture, knowledge, igonorance, deception, rage, etc.
- "Carnivorous Lamb"
- "The Praying Mantis' Strategy"
- "Worship And Forget"
- "Pissing On The Score"
- "The Day We'll Be Gone"
- "Embrace The Oblivion"
- Brewery: Birrificio dell’Etna (Sicily, Italy)
- Website: http://www.birrificiodelletna.it/
- Brew: Prometheus Birra Scura
- Style: Imperial Stout
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 7.5%
- Pour: The Prometheus pours an opaque deep mahogany brown... almost black with a huge, creamy, 2+ finger dark mocha head with great retention and intricate lacing.
- Nose: The nose is rich, earthy, sweet, and a smoky. There are wonderful enticing aromas of bittersweet baker's chocolate, dark roasted coffee, dark fruit (plum, cherry, raisin), light cream, charred oak, and spiced rum.
- Taste: The taste of the Prometheus is like the nose with lots of chocolaty, earthy, smoky, and malty flavors. There are notes of dark roasted coffee, semi-sweet dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cocoa, black licorice, molasses, brown sugar, marshmallow, dark fruits (prunes, dates, black cherries), and rum.
- Mouthfeel: full-bodied with very low carbonation, the mouthfeel is sticky, velvety, and thick with a sweet, slightly boozy and dry finish.
Cincin and hails!!