Guten abend! The Meista here for tonight pairing "Wanderers", the latest album by the wonderful Austrian symphonic metal band Visions Of Atlantis and a very unique, sorta crazy, and tasty Tropical Tea IPA from Roosters Brewing Company!
- Artist: Visions Of Atlantis
- Title: "Wanderers"
- Recorded: at Silverlinemusic and Studio and The Scratching Tree Studio in Linz, Austria
- Release date: August 30th, 2019 (7th studio album by Visions Of Atlantis)
- Record company: Napalm Records
- Production: Frank Pitters
- Album cover art: Péter Sallai
- Personnel: Thomas Caser (drums), Clémentine Delauney (lead and backing vocals), Christian "Dushi" Douscha (guitars), Herbert Glos (bass), and Michele Guaitoli (lead and backing vocals)
- Musical style: Symphonic power metal, progressive metal
- Sound: Characterized by complex and bombastic compositions, soaring and fiery guitars, soaring vocals, a thunderous rhythm section, and intricate keys, the sound on "Wanderers" is a tour de symphonic metal force! Delauney's vocals are wonderfully angelic and beautifully haunting while Guaitoli's are powerful and melodic; they perfectly compliment one another! And the band is oh so very tight!
- Major themes: As with all Visions Of Atlantis compositions, the songs are steeped in nautical and fantasay themes including the sea, love, journeys, relationships, mythology, quests, good vs. evil, death, loss, triumph, temptation, self-doubt, hope, etc.
- "Release My Symphony"
- "Heroes Of The Dawn"
- "Nothing Lasts Forever"
- "A Journey To Remember"
- "A Life Of Our Own"
- "To The Universe"
- "Into The Light"
- "The Silent Scream"
- "The Siren & The Sailor"
- "At The End Of The World"
- "Bring The Storm"
- "In And Out Of Love" (Armin van Buuren cover)
- Brewery: Roosters Brewing Company (Ogden, Utah)
- Website: https://www.roostersbrewingco.com/
- Brew: Tropical Tea IPA
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA) / Fruit Ale
- Serving: 32 ounce crowler can
- ABV: 4.0%
- Pour: The Tropical Tea IPA pours a slightly hazy golden-yellow with a half-finger, bright white head with good retention and light, soapy lacing.
- Nose: Characterized by herbal, floral, fruity, and nutty aromas, the Tropical Tea IPA is loaded with coconut, pineapple, lime, mango, herbal tea, island flowers, fruity perfume, and light toffee.
- Taste: The taste is a blend of fruity, herbal, and nutty flavors. There are notes of pineapple, coconut, oolong tea, lime, mango, tangerine, light melon, light grapefruit, soft caramel, and light honey.
- Mouthfeel: Mediucm-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Tropical Tea IPA is juicy, crisp, and sweet with a somewhat dry and slightly bitter finish.