Boa noite my friends! The Meister here tonight pairing "Above the Remains Official Bootleg: Live in Germany '89" from Brazilian thrash/groove metal monsters Sepultura and a tasty Mountain Hazy Pale Ale from Roosters Brewing Company!
- Artist: Sepultura
- Title: "Above the Remains Official Bootleg: Live in Germany '89"
- Recorded: 1989 in Germany
- Release date: October 16th, 2018 (4th live album by Sepultura)
- Record company: Roadrunner Records
- Album cover art: Michael Whelan
- Personnel: Igor Cavalera (drums), Max Cavalera (vocals and rhythm guitar), Andreas Kisser (lead guitar), and Paulo Xisto Pinto, Jr. (bass guitar)
- Musical style: Thrash metal with elements of death metal and groove metal
- Sound: Explosive, fiery, fast, and furious, "Above The Remains" is all about buzz-saw guitars, machine gun fire drums, thunderstorm bass, and Max's intensely brutal and wonderful vocals!
- Major themes: Pain, death, self-determination, aggression, deception, honesty, evil, darkness, insanity, etc.
- "Primitive Future"
- "Inner Self"
- "Escape To The Void"
- "Sarcastic Existence"
- "Troops Of Doom"
- "Holiday In Cambodia" (Dead Kennedys cover)
- "Beneath The Remains"
- Brewery: Roosters Brewing Company (Ogden, Utah)
- Website: https://www.roostersbrewingco.com/
- Brew: Mountain Hazy Pale Ale
- Style: American Pale Ale (APA)
- Serving: 32 ounce crowler can
- ABV: 5.0%
- IBUs: 30
- Pour: As the name implies, the Mountain Hazy pours very hazy golden-yellow with a bright white, 1-finger head with great retention and lots of sticky, intricate lacing.
- Nose: The nose is a very nice blend of citrusy, tropical, herbal, floral, piney, and slightly malty aromas. There are aromas of grapefruit rind, tangerine, mango, pineapple, wildflowers, caramel, and hints of pine resin.
- Taste: Very well-balanced, the Mountain Hazy has a nice blend of fruity, hoppy, malty, and herbal flavors. There are notes of grapefruit, pineapple, mango, pine, and herbal tea.
- Mouthfeel: Medium in body and moderately carbonated, the Mountain Hazy's mouthfeel is very smooth with a crisp and refreshing profile. The finish is clean and smooth with a slight hoppy bite.
Overall pairing: The Mountain Hazy Pale Ale is a great brew to pair with "Above the Remains Official Bootleg: Live in Germany '89" for the simple fact that it goes down easy, but is full-flavored, complex, crips, and has a hoppy bite... a great beer to pound whilst banging your head and pumping your fists to the might and power that is early Sepultura!!