God kveld hellions, evil-doers, and hop-heads! Your drinking buddy the Meista getting the weekend off to the right start with a pairing of Norwegian black metalists Dimmu Borgir and their most recent album "Eonian" along with a bright and crisp Norwegian Kveik Haze from TF Brewing Company! This pairing goes out to my buddy the Jester! Hails and cheers brother!!
- Artist: Dimmu Borgir
- Title: "Eonian"
- Recorded: 2014 through 2017 at Pimp Plaza Recordings and Urban Sound Studio in Norway and Fascination Street Studios in Sweden
- Release date: May 4th, 2018 (10th studio album by Dimmu Borgir)
- Record company: Nuclear Blast
- Production: Dimmu Borgir
- Album cover art: Zbigniew Bielak
- Personnel: Daray (drums), Galder (lead guitars and bass), Gerlioz (keyboards and additional orchestral arrangements), Shagrath (vocals, bass, keyboards, orchestral arrangements, and effects), and Silenoz (rhythm guitars and bass)
- Additional musicians: Mikkel Gaup (shaman vocals on "Council Of Wolves And Snakes"), Martin Lopez (voodoo percussion on "Council Of Wolves And Snakes"), and the Schola Cantorum Choir
- Musical style: Symphonic black metal
- Sound: Blending bombastic choral and symphonic elements with darker black metal and gothic metal elements, the sound on "Eonian" is bombastic, powerful, and mesmerizing! This is not something that you can simply play in the background... it takes a hold of you and demands your attention! Shagrath's vocals are as evil and demonic as ever, guitar work is aggressive and furiously fast, as is the drumming, and the orchestral/choral elements combined with the keys just soars!
- Major themes: Mythology, darkness, evil, the occult, Satan, power, etc.
- "The Unveiling"
- "Interdimensional Summit"
- "Council Of Wolves And Snakes"
- "The Empyrean Phoenix"
- "I Am Sovereign
- "Archaic Correspondence"
- "Alpha Aeon Omega"
- "Rite Of Passage"
- Brewery: TF Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: https://www.tfbrewing.com/
- Brew: Norwegian Kveik Haze
- Style: Hazy Pale Ale
- Serving: 32 ounce crowler can
- ABV: 5.0%
- Pour: The Norwegian Kveik Haze pours a very hazy bright orange-yellow with a thin, half-finger, frothy, bright white head that dissipates fairly quickly, leaving a thin ring with light lacing.
- Nose: The nose is fruity, citrusy, herbal, and rustic. There are aromas of orange juice, tangerine, light mango, fresh herbs, wild flowers, very light caramel, and ever-so slight hints of barnyard funk.
- Taste: The taste of the Norwegian Kveik Haze is a balanced blend of citrus/fruit and herbal/botanical flavors. There are notes of orange juice, tangerine, very light pineapple, light mango, herbal tea, a hint of funk, and light caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is juicy and crisp with a dry, slightly funky finish.
Skål and hails!!