Hello and happy Wednesday rockers, rollers, and craft beer lovers! The Meista here tonight rocking out with a pairing of "Deep Purple And Beyond...", a compilation album of Deep Purple tracks and solo works by various members and a Prime Mover Lavender Gose from the fine folks at Ogden River Brewing Company!
- Artist: Deep Purple; various
- Title: "Deep Purple And Beyond..."
- Recorded: 1976 through 2005 at various studios and live venues
- Release date: 2006
- Record company: Direct Source
- Production: various
- Album cover art: ?
- Personnel: Don Airey (organ and keyboards), Jimmy Bain (bass), Ritchie Blackmore (guitar), Joe Bonadio (drums), Randall Bramblett (keyboards and saxophone), Toney Carey (keyboards), David Coverdale (vocals), Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Ray Fenwick (guitar), Mo Foster (bass), Ian Gillan (vocals), Gillian Glover (backing vocals), Roger Glover (bass, guitar, keyboards, and vocals), John Gustafson (bass), Eddie Hardin (synthesizer, electric piano, and keyboards), Warren Haynes (guitar), Glenn Hughes (vocals), Ric Lee (drums), Jon Lord (organ and keyboards), Steve Morse (guitar), Mark Nauseef (drums and percussion), Ian Paice (drums), Cozy Powell (drums), Henry Spinetti (drums), and Collin Towns (keyboards and flutes), etc.
- Musical style: Hard rock/progressive rock
- Sound: Combining classic Deep Purple with various solo works by band members, the sound on "Deep Purple And Beyond..." is a bit sporadic, and yet is is still pure, heavy duty rock and roll!
- Major themes: Rock and roll, life, relationships, power, joy, humor, darkness, etc.
- "Smoke On The Water" (Deep Purple)
- "Clean Air Turbulence" (Ian Gillan Band)
- "Burn Me Up Slowly" (Roger Glover And The Guilty Party)
- "Ted The Mechanic" (Deep Purple)
- "Money To Burn" (David Coverdale)
- "The Purple People Eater" (Ian Gillan And Roger Glover)
- "Until Tomorrow" (Glenn Hughes)
- "Black Night" (Deep Purple)
- "Kill The King" (Rainbow)
- "Via Miami" (Deep Purple)
- Brewery: Ogden River Brewing (Ogden, Utah)
- Website: https://ogdenriverbrewing.com/
- Brew: Prime Mover Lavender Gose
- Style: Gose / Kettle Sour
- Serving: 32 ounce crowler can
- ABV: 5.0%
- IBUs: 7
- Ingredients: Hallertau hops
- Pour: The Prime Mover pours a hazy golden/burnt orange with a thin, bright white, and bubbly head that dissipates quickly and leaves only trace lacing.
- Nose: The nose is tart, fruity, floral, and salty. There are aromas of lavender blossoms, wild flowers, fresh ginger, lemon juice, lemon zest, light vinegar, light salt, and a hint of honey.
- Taste: The taste of the Prime Mover follows the nose and is characterized by tart, salty, and floral/fruity flavors. There are notes of a lemon juice, plum, light red wine vinegar, ground ginger, lavender, hibiscus, a hint of honey, and a salty finish.
- Mouthfeel: Light in body and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel is tart, salty, and crisp with a dry, salty and lip-puckering finish.
Overall pairing: The Prime Mover Lavender Gose is a very drinkable, crisp, tart, and salty brew... great for salty humor, punchy riffs, and overall hard rockin' joy on the tracks found on "Deep Purple And Beyond..." 'Nuff said!
Rock on!! Cheers!!