Hey there rockers, rollers, headbangers, and craft brew freaks! Happy Sunday! Your drinking pal the Meista here today rocking out with a pairing of Quiet Riot's 4th studio album, "Condition Critical" and a juicy Weezin' The Juice from Barbarian Brewing Company! Thanks to my buddies Jason and Sonia for the tasty brew... cheers friends!!
- Artist: Quiet Riot
- Title: "Condition Critical"
- Recorded: 1984 at Pasha Music House in Hollywood, California
- Release date: July 27th, 1984 (4th studio album by Quiet Riot)
- Record company: Pasha Records
- Production: Spencer Proffer
- Album cover art: Stan Watts (artwork) and Jay Vigon (art direction and design)
- Personnel: Frankie Banali (drums), Carlos Cavazo (guitars), Kevin DuBrow (vocals), and Rudy Sarzo (bass)
- Additional musicians: Randy Bishop (backing vocals), Pat Regan (keyboards), and Chuck Wright (backing vocals)
- Musical style: Heavy metal, hard rock
- Sound: Basically, following the same execution as its predecessor, "Metal Health", with "Condition Critical", the band produced another fun party rock album! The album's fame can be attributed to the great hooks, riffs, and melodies on songs like "Sign Of The Times", "Mama Weer All Crazee Now", "Condition Critical", and "(We Were) Born To Rock" along with the musical prowess of the band. Every element of this album is great... Cavazo's guitar work alone makes it worth its weight in gold! This is one of those albums that I don't listen to as often as I should, but when I do it immediately takes me back to a (seemingly) simpler time in my life filled with the anticipation of Friday night videos and trying to tape songs off the radio.
- Major themes: Partying, insanity, living life to its fullest, rock and roll, rebellion, etc.
- "Sign Of The Times"
- "Mama Weer All Crazee Now" (Slade cover)
- "Party All Night"
- "Stomp Your Hands, Clap Your Feet"
- "Winners Take All"
- "Condition Critical"
- "Scream And Shout"
- "Red Alert"
- "Bad Boy"
- "(We Were) Born To Rock"
- Brewery: Barbarian Brewing Company (Boise, Idaho)
- Website: https://barbarianbrewing.com/
- Brew: Weezin' The Juice
- Style: Hazy India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 16 ounce can
- ABV: 6.5
- Ingredients: Idaho 7, Vic Secret, Azacca, El Dorado, Citra, and Cashmere hops
- Pour: The Weezin' The Juice pours a very murky, pale orange-yellow hue with a frothy, bright white, half-finger head that dissipates fairly quickly, leaving a thin ring and light lacing.
- Nose: The nose is a blend of citrusy, tropical, sweet, and malty aromas. There are notes of .
- Taste: The taste of the Weezin' The Juice is fruity, citrusy, slightly sweet and slightly bitter. There are notes of .
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Weezin' The Juice is crisp and juicy, yet smooth and creamy with slightly sticky, slightly bitter finish.
Overall pairing: The citrusy and juicy, yet very crushable Weezin' The Juice is perfect for the rockin' heavy metal punch of Quiet Riot's "Condition Critical"! Those fruity flavors coupled with the sweet and citrusy notes go great with DuBrow's vocal range, the electrifying guitar work, and the power of the bass and drums! 'Nuff said!
Cheers!! Rock on!!