Hey there hellions and craft brew freaks! Happy Friday! Your drinking buddy the Meista here today pairing "I Worship Chaos", the wonderful 9th album by Children Of Bodom and a tasty and unique Finnish Style Sahti from Kiitos Brewing Company!
- Artist: Children Of Bodom
- Title: "I Worship Chaos"
- Recorded: 2015 at Danger Johnny Studios in Helsinki, Finland
- Release date: October 2nd, 2015 (9th full-length studio album by Children Of Bodom)
- Record company: Nuclear Blast
- Production: Mikko Karmila
- Album cover art: Tuomas Korpi
- Personnel: Henkka Blacksmith (bass), Alexi Laiho (lead guitars and lead vocals), Jaska Raatikainen (drums), and Janne Warman (keyboards and vocals)
- Additional musicians: Kim Dylla (vocals on "Mistress Of Taboo"), Samy Elbanna (backing vocals), and Wednesday 13 (vocals on "Mistress Of Taboo")
- Musical style: Melodic death metal with elements of power metal, progressive metal, and speed metal
- Sound: In the tradition of fellow countrymen Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom's sound combines soaring power metal elements with Swedish death metal. The guitar work is immediately grabbing... it combines explosive solos and crunching technical riffs! Combine that with the soaring keys, thunderous rhythms, and Laiho's aggressive vocals, well, you've got yourself a kick-ass album!
- Major themes: Death, darkness, sorrow, anger, aggression, chaos, rebellion, violence, insanity, etc.
- "I Hurt"
- "My Bodom (I Am The Only One)"
- "Prayer For The Afflicted"
- "I Worship Chaos"
- "Hold Your Tongue"
- "Suicide Bomber"
- "All For Nothing"
- "Mistress Of Taboo" (Plasmatics cover)
- "Danger Zone" (Kenny Loggins cover)
- "Black Winter Day" (Amorphis cover)
- Brewery: Kiitos Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://kiitosbrewing.com/
- Brew: Finnish Style Sahti
- Style: Farmhouse Ale
- Serving: 16 ounce can
- ABV: 5.0%
- Ingredients: rye beer brewed with juniper berries and juniper branches
- Pour: The Finnish Style Sahti pours a very hazy, golden honey hue with a frothy 1+ finger, off-white head with good retention and lots of sticky, soapy lacing.
- Nose: The nose is floral, earthy, malty, and spicy. There are aromas of juniper, light pine resin, flowery soap, crackery malt, peppery rye, leather, and soft caramel.
- Taste: The taste of the Finnish Style Sahti is earthy, spicy, malty, and phenolic. There are notes of barley, rye bread, juniper berries, light pine, hints of sweet toffee or honey, and a hint of barnyard funk.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is crisp and spicy with a slightly bittersweet, yet clean finish.
Overall pairing: The Kiitos Finnish Style Sahti is delightfully unique and very crushable brew... perfect for the well-balanced melodic death/power metal stylings of Children Of Bodom on their killer album "I Worship Chaos"! Those earthy and herbal notes go great with the soaring guitars while the slightly bitter and spicy flavors are great for Laiho's more aggressive vocal approach and darker lyrical content! 'Nuff said!
Hails!! Skål... Helan går!