Alright my metal friends... the Meista here pairing another great craft brew today with another great album to start off the weekend the right way! I'm going with the mighty Ross The Boss and their most recent album, "Born Of Fire" along with a bold and spicy She's A Fire Wheat Ale Brewed with Lime & Jalapeno from the fine folks at Vernal Brewing Company! Hell yeah!
- Artist: Ross The Boss
- Title: "Born Of Fire"
- Recorded: 2019
- Release date: March 6th, 2020 (4th studio album by Ross The Boss)
- Record company: AFM Records
- Production: Ross The Boss
- Album cover art: Stan-W Decker
- Personnel: Steve Bolognese (drums), Ross "The Boss" Friedman (guitars and keyboards), Mike LePond (bass), and Marc Lopes (vocals and keyboards)
- Guest musicians: Sal Forcina (keyboards), Michael Romeo (keyboards), and Tony Stahl (keyboards)
- Musical style: Heavy metal, hard rock
- Sound: Heavy as hell, in-your-face metal like only Ross The Boss delivers, "Born Of Fire" is a criminally underrated album!
- Major themes: Bravery, valor, sacrifice, violence, evil, mythology, glory, war, etc.
- "Glory To The Slain"
- "Fight The Fight"
- "Denied By The Cross"
- "Maiden Of Shadows"
- "I Am The Sword"
- "Shotgun Evolution"
- "Born Of Fire"
- "The Blackest Heart"
- "Demon Holiday"
- "Waking The Moon"
- Brewery: Vernal Brewing Company (Vernal, Utah)
- Website: http://www.vernalbrewing.com/
- Brew: She's A Fire Wheat Ale Brewed with Lime & Jalapeno
- Style: American Wheat Ale / Chili Beer
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 5.0%
- Ingredients: Hops, barley, yeast, water, lime, and jalapeno
- Pour: The She's A Fire pours a clear, golden amber with a frothy and firm half finger, off-white head that displays sustained lacing.
- Nose: The nose is bready, spicy, and slightly citrusy. There are aromas of freshly baked wheat bread, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, lime zest, and soft caramel.
- Taste: The taste follows the nose with spicy, citrusy, and bready flavors. There are notes of cracked wheat, biscuit, spicy jalapeno peppers, and a splash of lime juice.
- Mouthfeel: Light to medium-bodied with good carbonation, the mouthfeel of the She's A Fire hot and spicy with a dry, crisp finish.
Overall pairing: The spicy, yet very crushable and drinkable tastiness of the She's A Fire is perfect for an evening of rocking the hell out to the fiery goodness that is the mighty Ross The Boss! Those bold, spicy flavors are great for the soaring guitars while the malty backbone goes great with the heavy bass and drums as well as the tight musicianship and the hard rock sensibility and inventiveness. Man, this album is just plain bad-ass metal from start to finish... a real joy to listen to... especially with a bold, frosty brew!
Cheers!! Rock on!!
I interviewed the very cool Ross "The Boss" Friedman recently... you can see it here: https://youtu.be/EvI6U49fwb8