Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 12th, 2013 - Toto Live!!




 
 
 



I may be a metal head, but I'm a lifelong fan of Toto!  I love their sense of melody, rhythm and depth!  I had the great pleasure of seeing them last Friday night (September 6th) in Wendover, Nevada!  I would have liked something heftier to pair the show with, but the venue only had one craft beer on tap, a Widmer Hefeweizen from Widmer Brothers Brewing Company.  Don't get me wrong... the Widmer Hefe is a fine beer, but it just was no match for the live power of Toto!
 
Here's the set list to the best of my memory from their fantastic show...
  1. On The Run/Child's Anthem/Goodbye Elenore
  2. Hydra/St. George and the Dragon
  3. Rosanna
  4. I'll Be Over You (dedicated to Lukather's late mother)
  5. Falling In Between
  6. Wings of Time (dedicated to the late Jeff Porcaro and the ill Mike Porcaro... he has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
  7. Pamela
  8. 99
  9. White Sister
  10. Better World
  11. Africa
  12. Stop Loving You
  13. Hold the Line
  14. Home of the Brave (encore... dedicated the men and women serving in the U.S. Armed Forces)
The band was wonderful... tight, passionate, and thoroughly entertaining!!  Simon Phillips' drumming was powerful, rhythmic, and driving!  Nathan East's bass work is a fantastic addition and meshes perfectly with Phillips' work!  David Paich and Steve Porcaro's dual keyboard work was magnificent!  It was great to have Joseph Williams back on lead vocals with his soulful and powerful voice! And Steve Lukather's guitar work was in a word, otherworldly... I was in awe!!  And I was able to meet them and get my photo taken with them!!  (I'm the one in the middle with the goofy, star struck grin.)  Truly a perfect evening that ended all too quickly! 

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment