Good afternoon my friends! Your pal the Meista here enjoying a couple local, hot, spicy little numbers... a Wasatch Jalapeño Cream Ale from the Utah Brewers Cooperative (Wasatch Brewery) and "Overcome" by funk fusion band Son Of Ian!
- Artist: Son Of Ian
- Title: "Overcome"
- Recorded: Archive Recordings with Wes Johnson
- Release date: May 1st, 2015
- Record company: Sound Design
- Production: David Evanoff
- Mastger Engineer: Kim Rosen at Knack Mastering
- Album cover art: Cory Dumont at Dumont Design
- Personnel: Trenton McKean (vocals and guitar), Pat Neville (lead guitar), Dave Oster (saxophone and vocals), Evan Powell (drums), and Carl Ross (bass)
- Musical style: A "funk fusion blend of rock, country, and jazz"
- Sound: Rich in musical integrity and prowess, "Overcome" is an album that both swings and grooves. Riffs and melodies are reminiscent of Steely Dan, yet wholly original and wonderfully crafted. It is obvious even in your initial listen that each member of Son Of Ian is not only well-versed in jazz, rock, funk, and country/folk, but has the chops to combine these styles with integrity and brilliance... this band is tight!
- Major themes: Songs of love, life, passion, music, and honesty
- "Time To Get Ready"
- "She Moves"
- "One For Nat"
- "Core Meltdown"
- "Upright Side Down"
- "Pieces Of Eight"
- "Overcome (Better Part Of Me)"
- "Many Shades"
- "5:00 A.M."
- "Bramble Berry Lane"
Overall pairing: Exceptionally smooth drinkability, but with a nice, spicy kick... characteristics of the Wasatch Jalapeño Cream Ale and it makes for a perfect pairing to the high-energy and incredible talent of Son Of Ian! "Overcome" combines both a smooth sound with a spicy jazz/funk kick! Learn more about Son Of Ian at http://www.sonofian.net/!