Crazy one for you today my friends from last night's revelries! Your pal the Meista here pairing a funky-crazy Voodoo Doughnut Lemon Chiffon Crueller Ale from Rogue Ales and "The Clones Of Dr. Funkenstein" by funk giants Parliament! Oh, this one goes out to the super nice cashier at the Holladay DABC store... cheers!!
- Artist: Parliament
- Title: "The Clones Of Dr. Funkenstein"
- Recorded: 1976 at United Sound, Detroit, Michigan, and Hollywood Sound, Hollywood, California
- Release date: September 1976 (5th studio album by Parliament)
- Record company: Casablanca
- Production: George Clinton
- Album cover art: Chris Whorf/Gribbitt!
- Personnel: Vocals: George Clinton, Calvin Simon, Fuzzy Haskins, Raymond Davis, Grady Thomas, Garry Shider, Glenn, and Bootsy Collins; Horns: Fred Wesley, Maceo Parker, Rick Gardner, Michael Brecker, and Randy Brecker; Bass guitar: Cordell Mosson and Bootsy Collins; Guitars: Garry Shider, Michael Hamptona, and Glen Goins; Drums and percussion: Jerome Brailey, Bootsy Collins, and Gary Cooper; Keyboards and synthesizers: Bernie Worrell; Backing vocals and handclaps: Debbie Edwards, Taka Khan, and Gary Cooper
- Musical style: Funk / R&B / soul
- Sound: Heavy duty funkified, on the one, bassy, horny, kick-ass, soulful R&B!
- Major themes: Humorous and somewhat zany, the themes on the album include funk, partying, sex, having a good time, etc.
- "Gamin' On Ya"
- "Dr. Funkenstein"
- "Children Of Production"
- "Getten' To Know Ya"
- "Do That Stuff"
- "Everything Is On The One"
- "I've Been Watching You (Move Your Sexy Body)"
- "Funkin' For Fun"
- Brewery: Rogue Ales (Newport, Oregon)
- Website: http://www.rogue.com/
- Brew: Voodoo Doughnut Lemon Chiffon Crueller Ale
- Style: Doughnut Ale / Fruit Beer
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 6.9%
- IBUs: 20
- Ingredients: 2-Row, Munich, & Rogue Farms Dare™ and Risk™ Malts; Perle and Sterling Hops; Lemon Juice, Lemon Extract, Vanilla Beans, Vanilla Extract, and Marshmallows; Pacman Yeast; and Free Range Coastal Water
- Pour: Hazy golden-amber body with a fluffy, 2-finger white head that leaves good lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by lots of lemon juice, lemon jelly, light caramel malts and bread/pasty.
- Taste: As you can probably imagine, this is a crazy-ass beer! The flavor is very sweet, lemony tart, slightly doughy, and slightly hoppy. There are big notes of thick lemon frosting, lemon candy, marshmallows, vanilla, bready yeast, toffee, and subtle hints of piney hops in the finish, which gives it a rather odd cleaning product flavor.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied and moderately carbonated, the mouthfeel of the Voodoo Doughnut Lemon Chiffon Crueller Ale is creamy, slightly tart, and somewhat oily with a dry finish.