Hello! The Meista here with a pairing done with our friend JT from Progressive Power (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Progressive-Power/205541442875714)... "The Gentle Storm Exclusive Tour CD" by The Gentle Storm and a Contrail White Spiced Belgian-Style Wheat Beer, a brand new ale from Uinta Brewing Company! Cheers and thanks for the great idea and for bringing your copy of "The Gentle Storm Exclusive Tour CD" JT!!
- Artist: The Gentle Storm
- Title: "The Gentle Storm Exclusive Tour CD"
- Recorded: February 2015
- Release date: February 17th, 2015
- Record company: InsideOut Music
- Production: Arjen Anthony Lucassen
- Album cover art: Stephen Van Baalen
- Personnel: Arjen Anthony Lucassen (guitars, Dulcimer, and vocals) and Anneke van Giersbergen (vocals and guitars) with Rob Snijders (drums)
- Musical style: Folk/progressive rock
- Sound: Ethereal, honest, and lyrical, The Gentle Storm perfectly blends folk and progressive rock. And Ms. van Giersbergen is as enchanting
- Major themes: Examining human nature and human emotion along with sci-fi/fantasy motifs, the themes on "The Gentle Storm Exclusive Tour CD" include isolation, perseverance, life, space and time, and death and dying.
- "The Castle Hall" (Ayreon cover)
- "A Day In The Life" (The Beatles cover)
- "Comatose" (Ayreon cover)
- "Mad World" (Tears For Fears cover)
- "Waking Dreams" (Ayreon cover)
- Brewery: Uinta Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Website: http://www.uintabrewing.com/
- Brew: Contrail White Spiced Belgian-Style Wheat Beer
- Style: Witbier
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 4%
- Ingredients: Belgian yeast, Pale and Wheat malts along with flaked oats, Cascade hops (very little for low bitterness), and orange peel and coriander at the end of the boil.
- Pour: Very murky, pale honey-yellow with a bright white, 2-finger bubbly head that dissipates quickly leaving a small white cap with minimal lacing.
- Nose: Blending spicy, lemony, doughy, and fruity aromas, the Contrail White has a very inviting nose. It is characterized by lovely smells of exotic spices, lemon and orange zest, sourdough bread, and soft banana.
- Taste: Like the nose the flavor is a wonderful blend of crackery, fruity, and spicy goodness. There are notes of freshly baked wheat bread, soft banana, lemon juice, orange zest, coriander, cloves, nutmeg, and very light caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Crisp and refreshing with a peppery/spicy finish, the Contrail White is light-bodied with good carbonation.