Guten abend! Tonight I (the Meista) am pairing the brilliant "Ravenhead" by German power metal group Orden Ogan and a tasty Dorado Double IPA from Ballast Point Brewing Company! Oh yeah!!
- Artist: Orden Ogan
- Title: "Ravenhead"
- Recorded: Between July and November 2014 at Greenman Studios in Arnsberg, Germany
- Release date: February 3rd, 2015 (5th full-length studio album by Orden Ogan)
- Record company: AFM Records
- Album cover art: Andreas Marschall
- Personnel: Sebastian "Seeb" Levermann (guitars and lead vocals), Dirk "Ghnu" Meyer-Berhorn (drums), Niels Löffler (bass guitar), and Tobias "Tobi" Kersting (guitars)
- Musical style: Power metal with progressive metal, symphonic metal, speed metal, and folk metal elements
- Sound: Somewhat reminiscent of Blind Guardian, the sound on "Ravenhead" is a fierce and epic power metal fan's wet dream! Soaring vocals coupled with machine gun fire guitars and drums... "Ravenhead" is a fast-paced, bombastic heavy metal artistic
- Major themes: Battles of good and evil, death and destruction, holding to your principles, fighting the good fight, etc.
- "Orden Ogan"
- "The Lake"
- "Evil Lies In Every Man"
- "Here At The End Of The World"
- "A Reason To Give"
- "Deaf Among The Blind"
- "Sorrow Is Your Tale"
- "In Grief And Chains"
- "Too Soon"
- Brewery: Ballast Point Brewing Company (San Diego, California)
- Website: http://www.ballastpoint.com/
- Brew: Dorado Double IPA
- Style: Imperial India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 10%
- IBUs: 90
- Ingredients: Crystal and Mt. Hood hops
- Pour: The Dorado pours a clear, deep amber with a frothy 1-finger white head that has good retention and intricate, sustained lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by big citrus and tropical fruit aromas along with some earthy and herbal aromas. There are notes of juicy grapefruit, blood orange, peach, mango, melon, and pineapple along with pine, tea, and sweet toffee.
- Taste: With an impressive blend of bold and refreshing flavors, the Dorado Double IPA is fruity, malty, somewhat boozy, and very hoppy! There are notes of juicy pink grapefruit, lemon, peach, mango, melon, pineapple, subtle pine, black tea, pine, lemongrass, and a touch of bourbon.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel is juicy and refreshing upfront, smooth and sweet in the middle, and somewhat boozy with a dry, bitter finish.
Prost!! Zum wohl!!