Good afternoon! Your buddy the Meista here today pairing heavy blues rockers The Company Of Snakes only studio album, "Burst The Bubble" and a Nooner Pilsner from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company!
- Artist: The Company Of Snakes
- Title: "Burst The Bubble"
- Recorded: KARO Studios, Brackel/Hamburg, Germany
- Release date: May 21st, 2002
- Record company: SPV GmbH
- Production: Rainer Hansel and Bernie Marsden
- Album cover art: Paul R. Gregory
- Personnel: Stefan Berggren (lead vocals), John Lingwood (drums), Bernie Marsden (guitars), Mick Moody (guitars), and Neil Murray (bass guitar)
- Musical style: Hard rock / blues rock
- Sound: With a heavy and bluesy sound, The Company Of Snakes channels the early days of Whitesnake. Marsden and Moody tear it up while Murray and Lingwood lay down a heavy rhythm throughout, and "newcomer" Berggren does a great job of vocally, sounding like a combo of David Coverdale and Paul Rodgers.
- Major themes: The blues, love and loss, heartbreak, sex and desire,
- Notes: The Company Of Snakes was formed by former Whitesnake alumni Marsden, Moody, and Murray along with drummer Lingwood of Steamhammer fame. The band evolved from The Snakes and later morphed into M3.
- "Ayresome Park"
- "Labour Of Love"
- "Ride, Ride, Ride / Run, Run, Run"
- "Burst The Bubble"
- "Sacrificial Feelings"
- "What Love Can Do"
- "Little Miss Happiness"
- "Kinda Wish You Would"
- "Days To Remember"
- "Back To The Blues"
- "All Dressed Up"
- "Can't Go Back"
- "Ayresome Park - Reprise"
- Brewery: Sierra Nevada Brewing Company (Chico, California)
- Website: http://www.sierranevada.com/
- Brew: Nooner Pilsner
- Style: German-Style Pilsener
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.2%
- Ingredients: Moravian malt, Bavarian lager yeast, and Saaz hops
- Pour: Clear golden yellow with a thin, bright white head that dissipates quickly without lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by grassy hops, bready malts, peppery spice, and hints of fruit. There are aromas of apple, crackery biscuit, herbal tea, spices, and summer grass.
- Taste: The flavor of the Nooner is hoppy, earthy, and malty. There are notes of sour dough bread, biscuit, grassy hops, fresh herbs, and black pepper.
- Mouthfeel: Light-bodied and moderately carbonated with tiny effervescent bubbles, the mouthfeel of the Nooner is crisp, clean, and refreshing with a peppery finish.
Overall pairing: The good-time rock and roll of The Company Of Snakes' "Burst The Bubble" goes great with the crisp and peppery, easy-drinking flavor of Sierra Nevada's Nooner Pilsner. Like Marsden and Moody's guitar work, the Nooner is refreshing and full of flavor, but has a good bite!