Dobry wieczór evil-doers!! The Meista here tonight pairing a Mongo India Pale Ale from Port Brewing and "The Satanist" by Polish extreme metal band Behemoth! Hell yeah!!
- Artist: Behemoth
- Title: "The Satanist"
- Recorded: February through June 2013 at Hertz Studio in Białystok, Poland
- Release date: February 3rd, 2014 (10th studio album by Behemoth)
- Record company: Nuclear Blast / Metal Blade Records
- Production: Daniel Bergstrand, Sławomir Wiesławski, and Wojciech Wiesławski
- Album cover art: Denis "Forkas" Kostromitin
- Personnel: Nergal (vocals and guitars), Zbigniew Robert "Inferno" Promiński (drums and percussion), and Tomasz "Orion" Wróblewski (bass guitar)
- Additional musicians: Jan "Dziablas" Galbas (backing vocals), Pawel Hulisz (flugelhorn and trumpet) , Marcin Janek (saxophone), Artur Jurek (orchestration), Bogdan Kwiatek (trombone), Łukasz Lacny (French horn), Michał Łapaj (Hammond organ), Alicja Leoniuk-Kit (cello), Grażyna Michalec (cello), Magda Miotke-Bajerska (cello), Krzysztof "Siegmar" Oloś (samples), Adam Sierżęga (percussion), Michał Szczerba (French horn), and Patryk Dominik "Seth" Sztyber (guitar)
- Musical style: Black metal, death metal, and progressive death metal with elements of thrash metal and middle eastern folk music
- Sound: Heavy, aggressive, in-your-face, and mesmerizing, the sound on "The Satanist" is an all-out sonic war on your sensibility! The music vacillates between intensely fast to slow and droning. All the while, Nergal's vocals cut you to the core!
- Major themes: The occult, darkness, hell, destruction, war, violence, aggression, etc.
- "Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel"
- "Furor Divinus"
- "Messe Noire"
- "Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer"
- "The Satanist"
- "Ben Sahar"
- "In the Absence ov Light"
- "O Father O Satan O Sun!"
- Brewery: Port Brewing (San Marcos, California)
- Website: http://portbrewing.com/
- Brew: Mongo India Pale Ale
- Style: American Double / Imperial India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: pint glass off the tap
- ABV: 8.5%
- Ingredients: Columbus, Amarillo, Centennial, Cascade, and Simcoe hops
- Pour: Hazy, bright orange-copper with a thick, white 1-2 finger head that recedes to a ring with chunky and layered lacing.
- Nose: The nose is characterized by big citrus, tropical fruit, and dank pine resin aromas along with more subtle malty bread and sweet caramel notes. There are aromas of pink grapefruit, orange, mango, and pineapple along with biscuit and caramel / toffee.
- Taste: Like the nose, the taste of the Mongo is a big, juicy blast of citrus and tropical fruit coupled with more earthy and herbal flavors. There are notes of pink grapefruit, orange, tangerine, lemon, mango, pineapple, black tea, burnt toffee, and biscuit.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is sticky and oily with a bitter, dry finish.
Na zdrowie and hails!!