Good afternoon my friends!! The Meista here pairing a favorite of mine, "Black Rose: A Rock Legend" by the mightly Thin Lizzy with a Black IPA from Santa Fe Brewing Company! This one goes out to my buddy Kevin down at the Heavy Metal Shop(www.heavymetalshop.com)!! Cheers Kevin!!
- Artist: Thin Lizzy
- Title: "Black Rose: A Rock Legend"
- Recorded: December 1978 through February 1979 in Paris and London
- Release date: April 13th, 1979 (9th studio album by Thin Lizzy)
- Record company: Warner Bros.
- Production: Tony Visconti
- Album cover art: Jim Fitzpatrick
- Personnel: Brian Downey (drums and percussion), Scott Gorham (rhythm and lead guitars, and backing vocals), Phil Lynott (bass, twelve-string guitar, and vocals), and Gary Moore (rhythm and lead guitars, and backing vocals)
- Additional musicians: Jimmy Bain (bass guitar on "With Love"), Huey Lewis (harmonica on "Sarah" and "With Love"), and Mark Nauseef (drums on "Sarah")
- Musical style: Hard rock, blues rock, Irish folk music
- Sound: HUGE double lead guitar harmonies, killer hooks, driving and grooving rhythms, and Lynott's soulful voice are all captured on "Black Rose: A Rock Legend"... that perfect, classic Thin Lizzy sound!!
- Major themes: Love, drugs, alcohol, partying, despair, rock and roll, and Celtic themes.
- "Do Anything You Want To"
- "Toughest Street In Town"
- "Waiting For An Alibi"
- "Got To Give It Up"
- "Get Out Of Here"
- "With Love"
- "Róisín Dubh (Black Rose): A Rock Legend"
- Brewery: Santa Fe Brewing Company (Santa Fe, New Mexico)
- Website: http://www.santafebrewing.com/
- Brew: Black IPA
- Style: American Black Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 7.1%
- Ingredients: Dry English Ale yeast; Two-Row, Pale, Crystal, Chocolate, and Midnight Wheat malts; and Columbus, Citra, Eldorado,Simcoe, and Amarillo hops
- Pour: Dark ebony with a big, creamy 2-finger mocha head that displays intricate and sustained lacing throughout.
- Nose: The nose blends fruity, citrusy, and dank earthy aromas with dark, roasty malts. There are aromas of passion fruit, pine resin, tangerine, dark chocolate, herbs, and roasted coffee beans.
- Taste: The taste of Santa Fe Brewing Company's Black IPA is characterized by pine, citrus, and dark malt flavors. There are notes of pine, cedar, tangerine, orange zest, floral hops, black tea, dark roasted coffee, and bitter dark chocolate with subtle spices.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is smooth, crisp, and a bit punchy with a dry finish.