Here's one for my buddy Jerm and all you head-bangers and hop-heads out there! Evenin'... The Meista here tonight pairing Motörhead's "Iron Fist" and an Uprising Trippel / IPA from Iron Fist Brewing Company! Hell yeah!!
- Artist: Motörhead
- Title: "Iron Fist"
- Recorded: January 26th through March 1st, 1982 at Ramport Studios and Morgan Studios, London, UK
Release date: April 17th, 1982 (5th studio album by Motörhead)
- Record company: Mercury Records
- Production: "Evil Red Neck" Will Reid Dick and Eddie Clarke
- Album cover art: Alan Ballard and Martin Poole
- Personnel: "Fast" Eddie Clarke (guitar and co-production), Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister (bass and vocals), and Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor (drums)
- Musical style: Hard rock, heavy metal, speed metal, rock and roll
- Sound: Fast, punchy, and aggressive, the sound on "Iron Fist" is classic Motörhead! It is raw, stripped-down, and fun as hell!
- Major themes: Aggression, sex, drugs, jealousy, vengeance, social and religious criticism, rock and roll, etc.
- Notes: Sadly, "Iron Fist" is the last album recorded to feature the classic Lemmy, "Fast" Eddie Clarke and Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor line-up.
- "Iron Fist"
- "Heart Of Stone"
- "I'm The Doctor"
- "Go To Hell"
- "Sex And Outrage"
- "Shut It Down"
- "(Don't Let 'Em) Grind Ya Down"
- "(Don't Need) Religion"
- "Bang To Rights"
- "Remember Me, I'm Gone"
- Brewery: Iron Fist Brewing Company (Vista, California)
- Website: http://ironfistbrewing.com/
- Brew: Uprising Trippel / IPA
- Style: Belgian Style Trippel India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 22 ounce bottle
- ABV: 12.0%
- IBUs: 75
- Pour: Deep copper hue with a 1-2 finger white, billowy head with good retention and sustained, intricate lacing.
- Nose: The nose is citrusy, malty, and sweet. There are aromas of lemon, tangerine, soft caramel, fresh herbs, and hints of booze.
- Taste: The taste of the Uprising is sweet, fruity, citrusy, hoppy, malty, and slightly tart. There are big notes of candied apples, apricots, plums, lemon juice, orange zest, caramel/toffee, herbs, black tea, Belgian yeast, and booze.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel is sticky, a little boozy, and crisp with a dry and slightly bitter finish.
Cheers and hails!!