Hello and happy All Hallow's Eve evil-doers! The Meista here pairing the excellent "No Rest For The Wicked" by the prince of darkness himself, Ozzy Osbourne and a Pumpkinhead Ale from Shipyard Brewing Company!
- Artist: Ozzy Osbourne
- Title: "No Rest For The Wicked"
- Recorded: 1988
Release date: September 28th, 1988 (5th solo studio album by Ozzy)
- Record company: Epic / CBS
- Production: Keith Olsen and Roy Thomas Baker
- Album cover art: The Leisure Process (photography by Bob Carlos Clarke)
- Personnel: Ozzy Osbourne (lead vocals) with the late, great Randy Castillo (drums), Bob Daisley (bass), John Sinclair (keyboards), and Zakk Wylde (guitars)
- Additional musicians: Michael Sadler (background vocals)
- Musical style: Heavy metal / hard rock
- Sound: One of my favorite's by Ozzy, "No Rest For The Wicked" is that classic Ozzy sound, but with some "new" guitar tones from Wylde.
- Major themes: With songs about televangelist Jimmy Swaggart, Charles Manson, and alcoholism, themes on the album include hypocrisy, vengeance, murder, the battle of good and evil, lust, rebellion, and states of sanity / insanity.
- "Miracle Man"
- "Devil's Daughter"
- "Crazy Babies"
- "Breaking All The Rules"
- "Bloodbath In Paradise"
- "Fire In The Sky"
- "Tattooed Dancer"
- "Demon Alcohol"
- "Hero" (hidden track)
- Brewery: Shipyard Brewing Company (Portland, Maine)
- Website: http://www.shipyard.com/
- Brew: Pumpkinhead Ale
- Style: Pumpkin Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 4.5%
- IBUs: 18
- Ingredients: Top-Fermenting English yeast; Pale Ale, Whole Wheat, and Munich Light malts; Willamette and Saphir hops
- Pour: Slightly hazy golden amber with lots of tiny effervescent bubbles and a thin white head that dissipates quickly leaving no cap or lacing.
- Nose: The nose is a light blend of fruit esters, citrus, grains, and spices. There are aromas of banana, lemon, subtle pumpkin pie, floral soap, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Taste: With almost lambic characteristics, the flavor is fruity, spicy, and slightly grainy. There are notes of pumpkin pie filling, soft banana, vanilla, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, soft caramel, and wheat bread.
- Mouthfeel: Light-bodied and well-carbonated, the mouthfeel is very crisp and refreshing with a slight frothiness and a spicy finish.
Cheers, hails, and happy Halloween!! Be safe out there kids!!