Good evening! In honor of Ace Frehley's 65th birthday, your pal, the Meista (that's me!) is here tonight with a special pairing of .50 Caliber India Pale Ale from the Vernal Brewing Company and "Dynasty" (CD, tape, and vinyl!) by KISS!
- Artist: KISS
- Title: "Dynasty"
- Recorded: January through February 1979 at Electric Lady Studios and Record Plant Studios in New York City, New York
- Release date: May 23rd, 1979 (7th studio album by KISS)009-02-03)
- Record company: Casablanca Records
- Production: Vini Poncia
- Album cover art: Francesco Scavullo
- Personnel: Peter Criss (drums, percussion, and lead vocals on "Dirty Livin'" only), Ace Frehley (lead guitar, bass, and vocals), Gene Simmons (bass guitar and vocals), and Paul Stanley (rhythm and lead guitar, bass, and vocals)
- Additional musicians: Anton Fig (drums on all tracks, except "Dirty Livin'") and Vini Poncia (backing vocals and keyboards)
- Musical style: Hard rock with elements of power pop and disco
- Sound: Although "Dynasty" was dubbed the "KISS disco album", it is still a very solid, very rockin' album, especially considering the inner turmoil in the band at the time. Ace's songs in particular are straightforward, raunchy rockers! And his version of the Rolling Stones' " 2,000 Man" freakin' slays!!
- Major themes: Sexuality, love, lust, relationships, breakups, the future, rock and roll, etc.
- Notes: "Dynasty" would be the last album Peter Criss performed on until 1998.
- "I Was Made For Lovin' You"
- "2,000 Man" (Rolling Stones cover)
- "Sure Know Something"
- "Dirty Livin'"
- "Magic Touch"
- "Hard Times"
- "X-Ray Eyes"
- "Save Your Love"
- Brewery: Vernal Brewing Company (Vernal, UT)
- Website: http://www.vernalbrewingcompany.com/
- Brew: .50 Caliber India Pale Ale
- Style: American India Pale Ale (IPA)
- Serving: 12 ounce can
- ABV: 8.5%
- Pour: Clear, deep copper/orange hue with a 1-finger, frothy, creamy, eggshell white head with good sustain that leaves chunky and intricate lacing throughout.
- Nose: The nose of the .50 Caliber is hoppy, earthy, sweet, fruity, and perfumey. There are aromas of dank pine resin, tangerine, honey, wild flowers, jasmine, soft caramel.
- Taste: The taste of the .50 Caliber is very hoppy, bitter, sweet, and fruity. There are notes of pine, grapefruit rind, orange zest, hints of melon, sweet caramel, biscuit, and spicy herbs.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with moderate carbonation, the mouthfeel of the .50 Caliber India Pale Ale is smooth, sticky, and slightly oily with a dry and bitter, yet refreshing finish.
Cheers!! Hails Ace!!