Good afternoon! The Meista here today with a special pairing for my good friend Chad... Dinosaur Jr.'s "I Bet On Sky" with a Chad, King Of The Wild Yeasts Farmhouse Pale Ale from Amager Bryghus! Cheers bro!!
- Artist: Dinosaur Jr.
- Title: "I Bet On Sky"
- Recorded: 2012
Release date: September 18th, 2012 (10th studio album by Dinosaur Jr.) (2007-04-23)
- Record company: Jagjaguwar / PIAS
- Production: J Mascis
- Album cover art: Travis Millard
- Personnel: Lou Barlow (bass and vocals), J Mascis (guitar, vocals, and keyboards), and Murph (drums)
- Musical style: Indie rock/pop, post punk, hard rock
- Sound: Dinosaur Jr.'s sound has been described as: "It was its own bizarre hybrid...It wasn't exactly pop, it wasn't exactly punk rock — it was completely its own thing." And that is definitely true of their latest album, "I Bet On Sky". Combining Mascis' whiny, droning vocals, loud-quiet dynamic, feedback, and pop sensibility, the tracks on the album are wonderfully honest, engaging, and fun.
- Major themes: Relationships, emotions, loss, isolation, knowledge, truth, etc.
- "Don't Pretend You Didn't Know"
- "Watch The Corners"
- "Almost Fare"
- "Stick A Toe In"
- "I Know It Oh So Well"
- "Pierce The Morning Rain"
- "What Was That"
- "See It On Your Side"
- Brewery: Amager Bryghus (Kastrup, Denmark)
- Website: http://www.amagerbryghus.dk/
- Brew: Chad, King Of The Wild Yeasts Farmhouse Pale Ale
- Style: American Wild Ale / Farmhouse Ale
- Serving: 12 ounce bottle
- ABV: 5.0%
- Pour: Hazy lemon-yellow with 2-finger, fizzy head that dissipates quickly and leaves a thin, white ring with only trace lacing.
- Nose: The nose of the Chad, King Of The Wild Yeasts is very earthy, very funky, and citrusy. There are aromas of musty leather, wet horse blanket, orange peel, lemon juice, lime juice, summer grass, soil. brine, and Belgian yeast.
- Taste: The taste is like the nose, sharp, tart, earthy, funky, fruity, citrusy, and bready. There are notes of Champagne, Chardonnay, lemon juice, leather, Belgian yeast, clove, nutmeg, grassy hops, and sea salt.
- Mouthfeel: Light-bodied with strong carbonation, the mouthfeel of the Chad is sharp, tangy, crisp, and tart with a dry and bitter finish.
Overall pairing: The funky, earthy, tart, and citrusy flavors of the Chad, King Of The Wild Yeasts Farmhouse Pale Ale is a great beer for the wonderfully organic and honest songs on Dinosaur Jr.'s "I Bet On Sky"! Those sharp notes seem to have been brewed specifically for Mascis' vocals and aggressive guitar tones!
Skål!! Bunden i vejret eller resten i håret!!